Senior Auditor II - IT Audit
Company: Bank of the West
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Senior Auditor II - IT AuditDescriptionAt Bank of the West, our
people are having a positive impact on the world. Were investing
where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity
and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small
businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our
locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to
help protect the planet, improve peoples lives, and strengthen
communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting
the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, were a bank, but
as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to
improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more
sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description SummaryThe
Inspection Group, as the Bank's periodic control function (i.e.,
third line of defense), independently assesses the effectiveness of
the permanent control function (i.e., first and second lines of
defense) to identify, measure, monitor, and control risks. The
Senior Auditor II is primarily responsible audit execution on areas
of assigned audit responsibilities.Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates a strong ability to execute assigned audit
procedures accurately, timely, and with minimal supervision.
- Supports the Head of Assignment by assisting with audit
scoping, planning, evaluating, and reporting.
- Contributes to the completion of continuous monitoring
activities for assigned auditable entities and escalates matters
that may impact the timing of the next audit assignments.
- Prepares and updates risk assessments for assigned auditable
entities for supervisory review.
- Validates the sufficiency and suitability of business
corrective actions to address audit recommendations for supervisory
- Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills with
all levels of management.
- Possesses an understanding of audit, risk, compliance, banking,
and/or product knowledge.
- Executes audit work in accordance with BNPP Inspection Generale
and the Bank of the West Inspection Group policies and
procedures.Other Job Duties
- May be asked to direct the work of more junior staff members on
the audit assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.#LI-DD1QualificationsRequired
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through
advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.Education
- Bachelor's Degree applicable and related field; Masters
- Required License(s): CAMS (Certified Anti-Money Laundering
Specialists) - In progress; Preferred: CIA, CISA, CPA and/or
- Primary focus of role is on day-to-day execution of assigned
areas of audit responsibilities and demonstrates the ability to
take on additional responsibilities.
- Maintains current on industry developments affected areas of
- Demonstrable strengths in one or more of the following: Bank
Audit Activities Banking laws and regulations; region and branch
banking operations; asset and liability management; treasury
(including derivatives); lending (including evaluation of loan loss
reserve, syndication desk, and other real estate owned);
expenditures; deposits; PC and telephone banking (including FCC
requirements); related systems; etc.
- Enterprise Risk Management Activities Enterprise Risk
Management practices for large, complex banking organizations
(LCBOs); capital management and planning; stress testing; model
risk governance and management; operational risk; financial
reporting (including FDIC and state call reporting requirements,
GAAP, and SEC requirements); budgeting; cost accounting (including
transfer pricing and cost allocation); incentive programs;
- IT Audit Activities Federal Financial Institutions Examination
Council (FFIEC) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
requirements; application development and maintenance; computer
operations; technical services; communications; information
security (including system access control software, firewalls and
encryption); end user computing (including Internet, local and wide
area networks, client server technology, and PCs); contingency
planning; operating systems (including associated program
products); database structures and access methods; system analysis
and design; programming and data extract languages and techniques;
- Technology Support Responsible for providing development and
technical support on the key applications for the Inspection Group
as well as acting as the primary technology liaison for the
Inspection Group with the Bank and BNPP Inspection Generale (IG).
The successful candidate will have a solid VBA development
background, strong understanding of the Banks technical
infrastructure, and a desire and aptitude to learn and deploy new
technologies; etc.Equal Employment Opportunity PolicyBank of the
West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal
employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any
status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an
Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled /
Veteran.Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and
federal laws and regulations.Job: AuditLocation: United
States-California-San RamonOther Locations: United
States-Nebraska-OmahaRequisition ID: 048944
Keywords: Bank of the West, Omaha , Senior Auditor II - IT Audit, Accounting, Auditing , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!