Senior Internal Auditor - NE
Company: Right Talent Right Now
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Position Title Senior Internal Auditor - NE #2266
Location Omaha NE
We are looking for a local Internal Auditor.
With minimal direction, program and perform professional level
audit work individually or as a team leader. Review and evaluate
the risks and controls affecting the goals, performance objectives,
and impact of a variety of economic, financial, and managerial
programs in conformance with company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Program, direct, and participate in performance auditing in the
assigned area of responsibility.
2. Plan and design approach for conducting audits, including
planning theory and scope of audit. Determine procedures to be
used, statistical sampling and use of computer assisted analytical
techniques. Coordinate with IS department to secure available
3. Identify the risks and controls for the area under review and
evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of controls in achieving
Company risk tolerance.
4. Interpret policies and procedures and apply professional
accounting and auditing principles and standards to test and
evaluate complex financial records and operational systems.
5. Verify reports against source records to determine reliability.
Verify detail of recorded transactions; conduct detailed
examinations of cash receipts and disbursement vouchers, payroll
records, requisitions, work orders, receiving reports, and other
accounting and operating documents to ascertain whether
transactions are properly supported and are recorded correctly.
6. Identify and analyze causes of uneconomic and inefficient
practices; assess alternatives which might yield desired
7. Develop recommendations for bringing programs and operations
into compliance with goals and objectives.
8. Make oral or written presentations to management during and at
the conclusion of the examination, discussing deficiencies and
recommending corrective action to improve operations, reduce costs
and minimize risk.
9. Prepare formal written reports, as requested by Internal Audit
Department Management, expressing opinions on the adequacy and
effectiveness of the systems and the efficiency with which
activities are carried out.
10. Provide assistance with the investigation of alleged fraud and
11. Perform special audits at the request of Corporate Audit
Management. This would include support work provided to the
12. Provide training and direction to Internal Auditing staff.
13. Travel when necessary on audit assignments and related company
business. Work remotely, exercising personal discipline.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of accounting and mathematical principles.
2. Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of
accounting and auditing.
3. Knowledge of the techniques, tests, and sampling methods
involved in conducting audits and the requirements set forth in the
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Familiarity with the COSO internal control framework.
4. Skill in using word processing, spreadsheet, database, auditing,
and accounting software. Working knowledge of Company's Oracle
accounting database system.
5. Skill in operating office equipment such as personal computer,
photocopy machine, telephone system and facsimile machine.
6. Ability to analyze problems, determine appropriate solutions and
pay close attention to detail.
7. Strong decision making skills and proven ability to structure
solutions for complex issue.
8. Ability to handle multiple assignments.
9. Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, in a
leadership role or as a member of a team.
10. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior
management, co-workers, customers, and outside business contacts,
both orally and in writing, including the ability to interview
persons to extract sensitive information.
11. Exhibit leadership ability as a senior member of an audit
12. Possesses creativity, integrity, professional skepticism, and a
high degree of inquisitiveness.
13. Knowledge of agricultural production and manufacturing
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, or
related field is required. Four years of experience in
financial/operation, external, or information systems auditing is
required. CPA, CIA, or CISA certification is preferred and can
substitute for one year of work experience. MBA a plus.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, or
2. 4+ years of experience in financial operation, external, or
information systems auditing.
3. CPA, CIA, or CISA certification is preferred.
4. Local or close enough for a short easy move.
5. MBA a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Right Talent Right Now, Omaha , Senior Internal Auditor - NE, Accounting, Auditing , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!