Mortgage Loan Originator
Company: Durham Staffing Solutions
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Our client is seeking to add a Mortgage Loan Originator to their
team. This team member will create, collect, analyze, and exercise
sound judgment by advising customers on Mortgage and Home Equity
loan options. The ideal candidate will possess an outgoing and
sales driven personality with superior customer service skills.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Make regular outside sales calls to both prospective clients
and referral sources. This may include such things as office calls,
lunches, or evening receptions as a way to generate future loan
prospects. The majority of such calls will take place outside of
the employee's place of business many of which may extend outside
normal work hours.
- Explains the Mortgage and Home Equity loan application process
and products to clients. Services by phone or in person customers
inquiries pertaining to mortgage rates, mortgage programs,
payments, daily rates, points, etc.
- Gathers all required applicant information, including
collecting, analyzing and advising members on best options to
ensure proper processing.
- Reviews applications, exercises judgment and renders loan
decision for preapproval/denial.
- Conducts mortgage loan application interviews assisting
applicants in the completion of application and is responsible for
ensuring that all necessary documentation is in the loan files,
including regulatory compliance items.
- Works with processing department when necessary to ensure final
documentation is received by the investors in a timely manner.
- Assists to ensure that the various federal reporting documents
are delivered in a timely manner, to include the borrowers 1098,
sellers 1099, interest reported to the IRS, and the HMDA
- Adheres to all state, federal, and credit union regulations,
policies and guidelines.
- Assists in any necessary training and development needed within
the Mortgage Loan department and performs other duties or projects
- Works with Underwriters in meeting their guidelines and
obtaining loan approval. Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in
finance, business administration, or management or one to two years
related experience and/or training or combination of education or
- Three to four years previous banking and lending experience
- Previous sales and business development experience
- Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System &
Registry (NMLS), required. If not yet registered, registration to
be completed and accepted no later than 30 days from employment or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Valid driver's license required to allow travel to customer
- Bilingual in Spanish or other languages is helpful, but not
Keywords: Durham Staffing Solutions, Omaha , Mortgage Loan Originator, Accounting, Auditing , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!