Company: Nebraska Early Childhood Collaborative
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Controller This position leads all day-to-day finance operations
for several separate tax entities, and supervises a team of
accounting specialists and staff accountants and holds
responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts
receivable and payroll. The Controller ensures that Nebraska Early
Childhood Collaborative has the systems and procedures in place to
support effective program implementation and achieve flawless
audits. The Controller works closely with program leaders and their
staff, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting
procedures, but also to explore how the finance function can
support program operations. Duties and Responsibilities Finance and
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring
compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory
- Coordinate all audit activity.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in
partnership with program leadership; continuously collaborate with
program leadership to assess the financial efficacy of program
operations and establish finance and administrative systems to
support program operations.
- Analyze, prepare and input payroll data. Typically uses
automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensure
compliance with all applicable State and Federal wage and hour
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions,
insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross
payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit
deductions, etc.) for management. Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Provide assistance with manual payments and recording activity
through journal entries.
- Prepare check requests, assist with account coding ensuring
entries are made accurately.
- Reconcile and process receivables and payments, verifying all
necessary documentation is present.
- Organize, review, process and file all purchase orders, vendor
changes, and address changes for payees.
- Monitor billing accounts and address any delinquent accounts as
- Act as a liaison with internal and external stakeholders for
accounts payable/receivable issues or concerns. Education and
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university in accounting, finance or related field required,
- Minimum seven years of experience in accounts
payable/receivable, payroll or accounting preferred.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in an accounting
- Experience in non-profit accounting strongly preferred. An
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities may be
considered. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software to include
Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Ability to learn fiscal requirements of the Head Start
- Ability to analyze and interpret fiscal data.
- Must be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office 365 to include
expert level Excel knowledge.
- Experience with Blackbaud and Child Plus desired. We offer
excellent benefits, competitive salary, and an opportunity to
perform work that makes a difference for children, families and our
community. NECC is proud to be an equal employment opportunity,
affirmative action employer.
Keywords: Nebraska Early Childhood Collaborative, Omaha , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!