Capital Investments Project Analyst (Financial Analyst)
Company: Omaha Public Power District
Posted on: May 6, 2021
The Capital Investment Project Analysts provide critical support to
a diverse group of stakeholders within the organization as OPPD
executes its annual and multiyear capital investment and asset
management programs. Stakeholders include leaders in the Capital
Investment & Budgeting department as well as the Resource Planning
Council in addition to OPPD's Project Managers who build and
maintain OPPD's diverse asset portfolio. Specific duties include
coordinating and assisting business line leaders in the process to
build and present business cases during the capital planning
process as well as technical services for project cost versus
budget reporting. The ultimate product of the Capital Investment
Project Analyst is to assist business line leaders in their
comprehensive and multiyear asset management efforts.
- Accountable to provide high levels of consistent and sustained
customer service to stakeholders in the asset management and
capital planning programs at OPPD while remaining firm on the
integrated planning processes and financial standards surrounding
the asset management program.
- Encourage and counsel key stakeholders on critical components
asset management principles and processes.
- Assist a diverse group inside and outside the Capital
Investment and Budgeting department in the financial monitoring of
the organization's capital resources to provide complete and timely
summaries of the business units you support for variance from the
corporate operating plan as well as plans to mitigate
- Collaboration with stakeholders on the planning of future
capital requests in an effort to ensure --level' spend profiles and
ensure predictability of forecasted capital resource needs.
- Play an active role in your respective Business Unit's capital
planning committees (Business Unit Asset Management Council)
facilitating meeting agenda's, presentations and other requests of
- Build trust and value by constructively challenging the
assumptions and cost estimates in businesses cases.
- Supports design, development, and implementation of automated
processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining Asset
- Support special requests for information and recommendations as
requested by management.
- Develop and maintain analytical abilities to lead and/or
support existing or new projects. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, engineering or other
business related area. Incumbent must periodically update his/her
knowledge through formal training to assure current knowledge of
- Knowledge of accounting, finance and utility operations.
- Five years of work related experience.
- Knowledge of financial statements and the flow of
- Must possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, leadership
and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints, organize, and manage
several projects simultaneously.
- Experience with financial and operational analysis
methodologies and statistics.
- Willingness to work the necessary hours needed to ensure
project deadlines are met.
- Requires thoroughness, accuracy, excellent documentation
skills, excellent oral and written communication skills,
self-motivation and management skills, effective presentation
skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of data management, including database
and spreadsheet applications, with the ability to develop and use
complex models or specialized computer applications. Desired:
- Experience with information technology, engineering, asset
management terminology and/or processes is beneficial.
- Master's degree in business administration, finance,
accounting, engineering, or related field (MBA preferred). Closing
Salary Grade: S4 Minimum: $79,830 Midpoint: $99,788 Where the Light
Starts What does it mean to be the source of light? On a basic
level, it means operating from a place of honesty and integrity.
It's how we achieve things. How we provide affordable, reliable,
environmentally sensitive energy. Because it matters. We've pledged
to serve, honor, and care for this community. That means the 13
counties we service, and it means one another. It means the people
right here at OPPD--proudly comprised and welcoming of every creed,
race, age, orientation, and color . Being --where the light
starts-- means showing up for each other and the people we serve.
Doing the right thing even when no one's watching. We're proud of
our commitment. We reward creative problem solving. We recognize
that consistency and reliability are tremendous resources. That
providing these things to the community and each other is a
privilege. Because we are leading the way the future is powered. We
are the source of light. Out there. In here. Everywhere.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at on or before May 11, 2021. Recruiter: Laura Fritson
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless
you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen
a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and
will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff. ***OPPD is very
aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all
necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face
to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some
delays in processing of your application of interest.***
Keywords: Omaha Public Power District, Omaha , Capital Investments Project Analyst (Financial Analyst), Accounting, Auditing , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!