Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Accounting
Company: Conagra Brands
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Accounting you will oversee
and perform the general accounting activities for a specified team.
Support in other financial research projects and analysis of
business operations. Use sound knowledge of Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP), creating/uploading journal entries,
distributing routine financial reports, maintaining monthly
accounting schedules. Minimum 5 years related experience.Position
- Perform accounting related tasks for assigned area, relating to
cash (examples include bank account reconciliations, accounts
- Be a resource, subject matter expert and central contact for
accounting issues for assigned business areas.
- Participate and oversee period-end close activities to ensure
completion of assigned tasks for assigned resource teams.
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations and perform
reviews of balance sheet components for assigned area.
- Perform general accounting activities in the SAP general ledger
and the Cadency tool.
- You will provide support for internal and external financial
statements in compliance with GAAP and/or other regulatory
- Help maintain controls over accounting transactions to ensure
the accuracy of the general ledger including documentation of
Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Ensure all accounting transactions are recorded following GAAP
and in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- Complete ad hoc requests from business/corporate partners.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Lead special projects involving accounting matters, such as
mergers/acquisitions/divestitures, policy updates, business partner
requests, creation of new processes and business system
- Lead or assist with the implementation of corporate initiatives
and maintain sound financial policies and procedures.
- Maintain staff by coaching employees; monitoring and appraising
job results; conduct training; implement and enforce policies and
- Provide guidance and communicate with remote team members in a
3rd party outsourcing relationship.
- Evaluate and document (e.g. desk procedures) effectiveness of
processes and procedures and develop/implement improvements.
- Manage situations that may materially affect our overall
financial condition.Position Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA, CMA certification and/or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in public
accounting, corporate accounting, etc.
- Ability to research and reconcile multiple accounts
- Proficient PC and MS skills
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Experience working across multiple departments to complete a
project or resolve an organizational challenge
- At this time, we require applicants for this role to be legally
authorized to work in the United States without requiring employer
sponsorship either now or in the future#LI-GS1#LI-Hybrid#LI-MSLOur
Modern Workplace:Conagra's culture of collaboration enhances our
ability to meet critical business goals, deliver value to customers
and consumers and provide you with the flexibility you need to
achieve a better work-life balance. We carefully consider each role
and how often each team member needs to collaborate in-person. This
position requires you work from our Omaha office 2 days a week.Our
Benefits:We care about your total well-being and will support you
with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid
life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and
stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules
(subject to your location and role)Our Company:Conagra Brands is
one of -North America's -leading branded food companies. We have a
rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate
about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every
occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye -, -Marie
Callender's -, Banquet -, Healthy Choice -, Slim Jim -, Reddi-wip
-, and Vlasic -, and emerging brands, including Angie's -
BOOMCHICKAPOP -, Duke's -, Earth Balance -, Gardein -, and Frontera
-.We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and
inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit
-.Conagra Brands -is an equal opportunity employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race,
color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave
status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any
other characteristic or status protected by national, federal,
state or local law. ---
Keywords: Conagra Brands, Omaha , Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!