Company: AIM Institute
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The AIM Institute is an innovative not-for-profit organization
that grows a strong and diverse tech community through education,
career development, and outreach.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for managing AIM's
financial operations and providing financial support and guidance
to the management team. The controller will be responsible for
preparing and reviewing financial statements, managing the budget,
and forecasting future financial performance. They will work with
other leaders to provide financial guidance and support. They will
also ensure compliance with financial regulations and policies and
collaborate with other departments to align financial systems and
processes with AIM's overall business goals and objectives. This
position requires strong financial management skills, attention to
detail, and collaboration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Request Purchase Orders and enter bills as needed for the
- Assure accuracy and quality of AIM financial records by
providing hands-on preparation and maintenance of financial books,
records, and financial statements in accordance with generally
accepted accounting principles for nonprofit organizations
including general ledger, monthly reconciliations, payables and
receivables, payroll, monthly and quarterly reports, and payroll
processing and related reporting as needed
- Maintain and enforce financial policies and procedures per
audit and other compliance standards. Maintain business rules for
the use of the financial system. Provides technical accounting GAAP
guidance and support to all company entities. At times, this may
include involvement in due diligence and other activities
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all
company entities. At times, this may include involvement in due
diligence and other activities surrounding
- Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account
reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue
recognition rules. This currently entails a real-time review of
each instrument order and its terms for changes needed and
determination of proper timing of revenue recognition. Involves
significant interaction with Sales and Customer Service
- Supervises the completion of Federal and State tax reporting
requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll
and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports
required by government regulation. Also, assists Corporate Tax,
Treasury and Risk departments with dealing with tax-related issues
and meeting reporting requirements.
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts daily
- Provide journals for salary, parking, taxes, 401K, medical and
dental allocations and others as directed by Controller.
- Ensure the month-end close process is completed in a timely
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts monthly
- Oversee and execute Invoicing and collections procedures,
ensuring accuracy at all stages.
- Oversee and execute AR Adjustment procedures, ensuring accuracy
at all stages.
- Oversee and execute cash management procedures, ensuring
accuracy at all stages.
- Coordinate with grant managers to reconcile grants in a timely
manner. Provide reports to grant managers as needed per compliance
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal
controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the
company assets are protected.
- Prepare all required monthly reports for budget owners and AIM
- Manage and provide analysis, reporting, and recommendations on
budget performance; financial management strategy; and,
organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Prepare spreadsheet for the 401K 5500 report, Provide
semi-monthly reports to John Hancock for the 401K
- Enter information that generates the ACA 1095-C forms for
- Process employee reimbursements, including wellness
- Coordinate and manage workers compensation reports for
- Process payroll including commissions for all employees and
onboard new employees into payroll system. Process garnishment
requests and distribute reports for taxes paid, garnishments, and
deductions. Issue annual W-2 forms to employees. Assist employees
with payroll inquiries and changing payroll information upon
- Coordinate and manage workers compensation reports for
- Close out the year and complete all required reports. Prepare
recommendations for annual raises and annual reviews.
- Issue annual W-2 forms to employees
- Responsible for HR Budget, including benefits, immigration
fees, wellness, and all other accounts that fall under the HR
budget alongside the VP of Operations
- Process payroll functions for all employees and onboard new
employees into payroll system. Process garnishment requests and
distribute reports for taxes paid, garnishments, and deductions.
Assist employees with payroll inquiries and changing payroll
information upon request. Provide journals for salary, parking,
taxes, 401K, medical and dental allocations and others as directed
- Log incoming customer payments, order office, and breakroom
supplies, manage coffee vendor and inventory and assist with
building vendor as needed (OMNE) Education and Experience:
- Proven interest (through education or experience) in tech or
tech career guidance
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a
- Professional certification, such as a Certified Public
Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Three years of experience in financial management, preferably
in a leadership role
- Experience in preparing and reviewing financial statements and
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, and financial
- Experience in managing a team of financial professionals
- Experience with financial software and systems, such as
enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Experience in the organization's industry or market may be
To be considered for a position with AIM Institute all applicants
MUST COMPLETE a culture index survey and answer a brief
questionnaire. Please copy and paste the following links into a
browser to complete.
Submit Resume to Apply
AIM is an EOE/M/F/D/V
Keywords: AIM Institute, Omaha , Finance Director, Accounting, Auditing , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...