Business Office Specialist
Company: Boys Town
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Processes, monitors, and audits various financial activities
ensuring departmental compliance with policies and procedures.
Provides reports and data pertaining to the fiscal management of
individual departmental budgets and other administrative support.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES: Provides administrative business
- Participates in the administration and monitoring of the
departments financial activities including invoices, purchasing,
- Completes departmental payroll processing as needed.
- Assists with and prepares special projects (e.g., surveys and
- Assists in developing annual operating, capital, and expansion
- Assists in development and implementation of department
business policies and procedures and recommends appropriate
- Reviews and audits department compliance with fiscal and HR
policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative support including record-keeping,
filing, phone coverage, mail, data entry, and other support as
- Provides training and assistance as needed.
- Updates and maintains financial and statistical data as
- May be required to act as the designated HR Rep at the
- May be required to coordinate facilities maintenance.
- May recruit and train potential volunteers. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and
- Knowledge of general record keeping and filing systems.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide mathematical
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy
- Ability to compose routine correspondence and reports.
- Working knowledge of a variety of computer software
applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation
- Ability to communicate with individuals in the organization and
with external contacts in an articulate, professional manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative support experience,
preferably including experience with accounting or billing
required. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree in Business Administration, Finance,
Accounting, or related field preferred. About Boys Town: Boys Town
has been changing the way America cares for children and families
since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have
helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha,
Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care
organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town
National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into
the health care and research fields, offering even more career
opportunities to those looking to make a real difference. Our
employees are our supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's
mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making
the world a better place for children, families, patients, and
communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families
include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions
under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting
resources from our experts and professional development
opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working
at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. This
advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed
and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or
abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity
employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran
status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the
application process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town, Omaha , Business Office Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...