Company: Catholic Charities of Omaha
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Position Summary : The Controller supervises payroll and
provides direct support and oversight in the preparation of
financial statements, audits, and other accounting activities. As
necessary, the position also assumes responsibility for special
projects as assigned by the Executive Leadership Team.
Responsibilities: CC, CCF & SJM Inc.: JEs, reconciliations,
month-end closing and prepare financials to include:
- All agency financial reporting
- CC, CCF & SJM 990s
- Review monthly financials with program directors and executive
leadership to prepare for annual budgets.
- Monthly and quarterly tax preparation and filing CC fixed
- Maintain, dispose, and reconcile Remote Capture CC budgets:
- Assist in planning and monitoring CC budgets.
- Maintain the chart of accounts and annual budget uploads into
accounting software. CC & CCF Audits, both internal and external,
as well as annual accreditation, acting as the lead for the Finance
area Assist in providing financial docs for grants and grant
reporting. Assist with internal controls, policies, and procedures
for finance. Banking and Cash Management:
- Assist Accounting Assistants in banking transactions,
coordinating transfers with executive leadership and ACH AP
submissions. Process Payroll and JEs Reliable attendance is an
on-going essential job function. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3-5 years accounting experience (preferably in not-for-profit
accounting) including disbursements, receivables, payables, cash
control and financial reporting utilizing Great Plains Dynamics and
- Experience preparing financial statements required, CPA
- Skill in supervision .
- Computer proficiency including MS word, excel, power point,
- Ability to show sensitivity to the service population's
cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Ability to understand and adhere to policies and procedures
related to Protected Health Information (PHI)/Personally
Identifiable Information (PII). This position has access to PHIIPII
and is limited under the minimum necessary rule to the amount of
information necessary to perform assigned duties. Required of All
- Knowledge and support of Catholic Charities purpose, mission,
vision, values, and ethical standards.
- Knowledge and support of the Catholic Charities Compliance
Program requirements including but not limited to the Code of
Ethics, the Compliance Policy, and all relevant compliance
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the service population s
cultural and socioeconomic characteristics. Work Experience:
- 5+ years' experience, at a minimum, in the following areas of
accounting and supervision:
- Experience in accounting including disbursements, receivables,
payables, cash control, payroll and financial reporting utilizing
multiple financial package software.
- Experience in working with auditors and preparing work
- Experience in processing payroll using automated payroll system
(UltiPro, ADP, Ceridian, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Supervising experience - including reviews, disciplinary
actions, hiring and interviewing.
- Experience in preparing tax returns and appropriate back-up
Keywords: Catholic Charities of Omaha, Omaha , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...