Senior Credit Officer
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Benefits OverviewA career at CoBank can offer you the
opportunity to make a personal impact on the people and communities
where we do business. When you choose a career with CoBank, you
make a difference by standing for something that matters. In order
to be the best, we hire the best! Remarkable Benefits offered by
- Careers with a purpose- stand for something!
- Competitive Compensation & Incentive
- Hybrid work model - flexible arrangements for most
- Benefits Packages, including: Medical, Dental and Vision
coverage, Disability, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- CoBank University robust curriculum -associate training and
development, including higher education tuition reimbursement
- Outstanding 401k - up to 6% matching and additional 3%
- Time-Off Packages - Vacation 15+ days, 10 Paid Sick Days, and
11 Paid Holidays
- Community Impact - United Way Angel Day, Volunteer Day and
Associate Directed Contribution
- Associate Resource Groups - creating a culture of diversity and
inclusion Job DescriptionAt CoBank, Senior Credit Officer develops
credit-structuring alternatives for large account transactions.
Assists lending or leasing staff with managing the banking
relationship with large accounts by providing credit analysis and
financial structuring alternatives. Approves credit actions within
prescribed credit limits. Provides leadership and guides the work
of credit analysts. Adds value to account relationships and
supports the achievement of profitability and credit quality goals
through interactions with staff and customers. Essential Duties and
- Works with lending or leasing staff as appropriate to structure
financial proposals to support complex credit arrangements for
large accounts. Conceptualizes and formulates financial strategy to
accomplish customer's credit needs. Manages resources from various
sources. Designs creative and innovative financing packages.
- Assists with negotiations concerning the packaging of credit
arrangements. Consults with lending or leasing staff and provides
coaching on negotiation strategy, financing approaches, or other
specific credit issues.
- Prepares and oversees the preparation of credit analyses and
credit investigations to ensure the application of a relevant and
thorough approach. Provides direction and guidance to credit
analysts on general research issues. Understands and follows bank
guidelines, policies, and procedures for the preparation and
presentation of credit information.
- Monitors credit quality of accounts to identify emerging trends
and ensure ongoing compliance with covenants. Notifies lending,
leasing, and/or credit staff of emerging issues as
- Assists with internal research and analysis, provides
statistical reports, and verifies information. Prepares and
delivers presentations on topics as assigned.
- Develops and utilizes computerized spreadsheets, programs, and
other automated tools for credit analysis, special projects, or
- Approves or recommends credits for approval based on research
and analysis completed by credit analysts.
- Maintains expertise in assigned industries or market sectors.
Keeps abreast of industry trends and competitive environment.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides coaching and consultation on credit analysis,
financing techniques, and other matters related to the delivery of
- Develops in depth innovative credit skills.
- Participates in special projects, and performs other duties as
assigned. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or relevant
- Eight (8) or more years of credit experience in banking
industry; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of complex lending, financial structuring
and credit arrangements, and bank products.
- Advanced knowledge of credit and financial analysis, including
cash flow analysis, balance sheet analysis, profitability,
liquidity, and solvency analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP), taxation, legal forms of organizations, and business
- Advanced knowledge of financial modeling techniques and
preparation of pro forma financial statements.
- Advanced knowledge of credit underwriting policies, procedures,
processes, collateral valuation, and documentation.
- Advanced ability to perform discounted cash flow analysis,
capital budgeting (internal rate of return, net present value,
etc.), and equity valuation calculations.
- Knowledge of specific assigned industry, including key risks
and long-term issues.
- Ability to use creativity and innovation to address financing
- Ability to consolidate many resources to complete the
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, as well as
collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Excellent detail and customer service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work
collaboratively, build, and maintain effective working
relationships with all levels of associates, management, and
internal customers across the bank.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the
ability to deliver commitments while juggling multiple projects and
priorities. Ability to work effectively under deadline pressures,
and adjust quickly and effectively to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Excellent active
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Availability for occasional work outside normal business
- Availability for occasional travel. Compensation Information
- Estimated Base Salary Range: $95,000-$140,000
- Target short-term incentive opportunity: 15% About CoBankCoBank
is a cooperative bank serving vital industries across rural
America. The bank provides loans, leases, export financing and
other financial services to agribusinesses and rural power, water
and communications providers in all 50 states. The bank also
provides wholesale loans and other financial services to affiliated
Farm Credit associations serving more than 76,000 farmers, ranchers
and other rural borrowers in 23 states around the country. CoBank
is a member of the Farm Credit System, a nationwide network of
banks and retail lending associations chartered to support the
borrowing needs of U.S. agriculture, rural infrastructure and rural
communities. Headquartered outside Denver, Colorado, CoBank serves
customers from regional banking centers across the U.S. and also
maintains an international representative office in Singapore.
CoBank requires all newly hired associates to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19, and new hires will be asked to register their
proof of vaccination. Any offer of employment will be conditioned
upon an applicant supplying proof of vaccination against COVID-19;
provided, however that CoBank may provide a reasonable
accommodation for an applicant's known disability or sincerely held
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Omaha , Senior Credit Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!