Administrative Assistant- Part Time
Company: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Provides general administrative and specialized assistance to
Medical Staff Coordinator. Makes travel arrangements for staff and
visiting professionals. Assists Accounting department with mail
distribution and related tasks as well as the distribution of
monthly budget reports. Reviews network access request forms and
ensures accurate and timely data entry into various systems.
Provides administrative support to Director of ENT Institute,
Director of Marketing and Chief Financial Officer. Provides backup
administrative support for Boys Town National Research Hospital
(BTNRH) Director and Chief Medical Officer, as necessary. Performs
administrative and skilled clerical functions of a confidential
nature to relieve assigned supervisor of detailed duties. SCHEDULE:
Part-Time, 30 hours/week. Flexible. LOCATION: Downtown Hospital
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Processes initial applications and reappointments to the
- Initiates and implements procedures for timely processing and
verification including: verification of licensure, current
malpractice insurance coverage, obtaining positive photo
identification, board certification, medical school graduation,
residency training, national data bank queries, detailed
recommendations from peers, quality performance data, and
information from other hospitals where physicians have
- Reports to and queries the National Practitioner Data Bank.
Queries OIG and Nebraska Medicaid Exclusion List.
- Maintains Access database with accurate information for medical
staff credentialing to ensure timeliness of appointment and
reappointment, physician notification, updating privilege list
references for staff.
- Verification of credentials of residents and medical students
rotating through and utilizing the BTNRH facility. Ensures
completion of Banner Request Form and Service Now Request forms.
Maintains complete files and updates a shared list of those
- Credentials verification of Non-Credentialed providers for Lab,
Radiology, Sleep and EEG.
- Maintains PPD database to ensure payer applications are
completed. Updates area hospital staff membership information for
all BTNRH providers.
- Completes as necessary PHO and/or HMO/PPO applications for
- Processes outside affiliation requests for signature by Chief
- Makes travel arrangements for staff and visiting professionals
through BT travel coordinators, adhering to organizational policy
and procedure guidelines. Consults with travelers and agencies to
resolve issues and assists in the completion and submission of
- Assists the Accounting department with various tasks to include
processing of business reply and any returned mail from the post
office. Maintains and updates postage due report allocating postage
to various cost centers as appropriate.
- Provides administrative support for the Neurology Physician
Group. Provides backup administrative support for BTNRH Director
and Chief Medical Officer, as necessary.
- Responsible for BTNRH conference room scheduling, ordering of
supplies for department and sorting and distributing US mail.
- Organizes workload to comply with established deadlines and
priorities. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to type routine correspondence, forms and reports from
rough draft. Excellent typing skills.
- Ability to operate a variety of computer software programs,
including Windows Microsoft Office Programs and Access
- Ability to read and write at a level which allows proofing and
editing (e.g., punctuation, grammar, spelling) of routine office
correspondence, reports, forms and web pages.
- Ability to perform noncomplex arithmetic calculations
(addition, subtraction, multiplication division, averages and
percentages) to verify calculations on forms and documents, order
departmental supplies and prepare department reports, normally
achieved through a high school diploma; a one-year certificate in
secretarial science or related field and 4 years of experience
would be preferred. Medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to interact professionally on the telephone and in
person. Interpersonal skills requiring ordinary courtesy and tact
are necessary to communicate effectively with physicians, staff,
callers and visitors.
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions to
bring projects to completion efficiently and on time. Ability to
apply basic analytical skills necessary to maintain alphabetic
and/or numeric filing system, and organize work load according to
established priorities. Common sense understanding necessary to
carry out detailed instructions in written, oral or diagrammatic
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for up
to seventy-five percent of work activities (e.g., transcribing,
filing, typing, calculating, proof reading).
- Ability to maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment such
as a telephone, calculator, fax, photocopier, PC keyboard, stapler,
letter opener and the like. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in an office
setting required. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- One year certificate in secretarial science or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience preferred.
- Medical terminology preferred. About Boys Town: Boys Town has
been changing the way America cares for children and families since
1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us
grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into
one of the largest national child and family care organizations in
the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research
Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care
and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to
those looking to make a real difference. Our employees are our
supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is
why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better
place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique
perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits
to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town
Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our
experts and professional development opportunities within the
organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than
just a job, it is a way of life. This advertisement describes the
general nature of work to be performed and does not include an
exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys
Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates
in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To
request a disability-related accommodation in the application
process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha , Administrative Assistant- Part Time, Administration, Clerical , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...