Plant Engineer II / Bonus 3000; PT; Thur - Sat; 3 pm - 11:30 pm;3rd grade license required
Company: Children's Hospital & Medical Center
Posted on: June 25, 2022
PT; Thur - Sat; 3:00pm to 11:30om; Sign-on bonus $3000We're
searching for a Plant Engineer II, maintains, calibrates, inspects
and repairs building equipment, services and systems. Tasks
preformed comply with established guidelines stipulated by the
NFPA, Joint Commission and the hospital. Licensed boiler operator,
3rd grade, with general service expertise in all mechanical
equipment, building services and systems.
- Maintains all building equipment, services and systems
including but not limited to boilers, generators, HVAC, electrical,
plumbing, environmental, security systems. These systems support
the operation of Children's Hospital, parking facilities and
related locations. Completes building related equipment repairs and
preventative maintenance in accordance as assigned.
- Recommends equipment repairs/replacement as necessary.
- Coordinate work to be done by outside companies/vendors.
- Documents repair and maintenance service activities including
but not limited to detailed equipment repairs by equipment
- Assists with maintenance of parts inventory and materials
usage. Maintain working stock on hand and reorders parts as
- Holds reserve authority to initiate actions as required
restoring to normal, or providing for emergency services from
within/outside the hospital in the absence of higher
- Coordinates activities with Methodist Hospital physical plant
personnel as needed/requestedKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have the ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of
facility plant operations including operation of, and relationship
of Boilers, Chillers, Air Handlers, and Compressors to the
maintenance of a controlled building climate.
- Essential math and computer skills.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associate's degree from an accredited technical/trade school or
engineering college preferred.
- Minimum three years experience in the mechanical/electrical
field required.CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Current and valid Third (3rd) Grade Engineers License required
from the City of Omaha
- Other advanced certification or licensure (mechanical,
electrical, plumbing, refrigeration or other trade specialty) from
an accredited local, state, national, or government entity that
would be valuable to the healthcare maintenance and engineering
industry. For example:
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) License by
accredited technical institute
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration (HVACR)
License by accredited technical institute
- Refrigeration License through an EPA-certified institute
- Apprentice level mechanical, electrical, plumbing or HVAC
- Journeyman level mechanical, electrical, plumbing or HVAC
- Master level mechanical, electrical, plumbing or HVAC
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable motor
vehicle driving record and ability to provide own
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Children's, the region's only full-service pediatric healthcare
center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate
your passion, purpose and professional development in an
environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are
supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound
as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge
Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring
team-and join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the
children we serve.
Keywords: Children's Hospital & Medical Center, Omaha , Plant Engineer II / Bonus 3000; PT; Thur - Sat; 3 pm - 11:30 pm;3rd grade license required, Education / Teaching , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!