Lead Teacher *$1,500 Sign On Bonus*
Company: Educare of Omaha, Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
$1,500 Sign On Bonus Educare of Omaha, Inc. is a collaborative
partnership between the Early Head Start/Head Start, Omaha Public
Schools and the Buffett Early Childhood Fund. Comprised of the two
Educare Omaha Schools (Kellom and Indian Hill) and the three Omaha
Early Learning Centers (Skinner, Gateway and Kennedy), the mission
of Educare of Omaha, Inc. is to promote school readiness by
enhancing the social and cognitive development of children ages 0
to 5 through the provision of evidence-based education, health,
nutritional, social, family engagement and other services to
enrolled children and their families. The Lead Teacher is
responsible for the planning, implementation and coordination of a
comprehensive education program. The Lead Teacher ensures the
education program is developmentally appropriate and meets children
s individual needs as well as program standards of Omaha Early
Learning Centers and the Nebraska Department of Education. MAJOR
RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY TASKS: Child Development
- Observe, assess and document each child s skills, behavior,
growth and development.
- Provide opportunities for children to develop positive
self-images and experience success.
- Develop an individualized educational plan for each child.
- Bring to attention those children with special needs.
Coordinate referrals for children with special needs or mental
health needs with the Program Director and or Site Director.
- Contribute to and participate in child and family reviews,
and/or Individualized Education Plans/Individualized Family Service
- Assist the child and family as child transitions from the
infant and toddler program to the preschool program and from the
preschool program to kindergarten.
- Foster positive relationships with all children in the
classroom Classroom Management
- Ensure proper staffing ratio is met throughout the Site s hours
in assigned classroom - adequate coverage needs are met from 7:00
AM to 6:00 PM
- Accountable for attendance in room to ensure compliance with
- Accountable for scheduling breaks and lunches to ensure that
proper ratio is met at all times.
- Develop and maintain an attractive and stimulating learning
environment and encourage child s independence and self-selection
- Ensure that all children are under appropriate supervision and
guidance at all times.
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy classroom environment.
- Utilize Positive Behavior Supports strategies Curriculum
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate classroom
activities that will enhance language and literacy development, (2)
cognition and general knowledge, (3) approaches toward learning,
(4) physical well-being and motor development, and (5) social and
emotional development of each child
- Participate in interpreting and analyzing assessment results
and utilize data to plan individual and classroom experiences as
well as intentionally share information with families.
- Develop lesson plans with goals, objectives, activities and
outcomes for children and implement them intentionally.
- Intentionally integrate other areas, i.e., health/physical
activity, nutrition, mental health, disabilities, transition,
safety and parent involvement, into the education plan.
- Create documentation panels on a regular basis to make the
learning that the children are experiencing visible to parents and
visitors. Parent Involvement
- Schedule and meet with parents regularly about their child s
progress, including at least two Parent/Staff Conferences per year.
- Schedule a minimum of two home visits per year with each child
s family to clarify child and family needs.
- Encourage parent participation in program activities and in
implementing education activities for their children at home and in
- Communicate with parents (informal conversations, newsletters,
personal notes) regarding his/her child s involvement in classroom
activities and progress towards learning goals. Supervision /
- Ensure that Co-Lead and Associate Teacher maintain appropriate
attendance and are utilizing the Time Keeping System appropriately
to ensure proper pay practices are followed.
- Participate in ongoing professional development (including peer
learning activities) are utilized for Co-Lead and Associate
- Collaboratively implement and participate in a coaching process
with the Education Coach to promote high quality instruction
- Support the implementation of new strategies gained through
- Provide leadership for the classroom team (e.g., plan for and
lead team planning sessions, monitor teammates observation notes
and appropriate goal identification, advocate for and support Best
Practices in the classroom)
- Serve as a mentor/model the Co-Lead and Associate Teacher.
- Delegate responsibilities to the Co-Lead and Associate Teacher.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding each child and family.
- Maintain daily attendance and USDA food counts.
- Ensure the timely completion of necessary paperwork, including
developmental assessments, lesson plans, newsletters, incident
reports, etc. Other
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of the job
- Participate in reflective supervision with Education Coach.
- Bachelor s Degree in Education (Early Childhood preferred).
- Willingness to enroll in a BA program to obtain a Nebraska
Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in Early Childhood
Education, Early Childhood Special Education, Preschool
Disabilities, or Early Childhood Education Unified per NDE Rule 11
with coursework directly related to infants and toddlers
- Two years early childhood experience in a group setting
- Must be able to pass a background check that meets compliance
- COVID VACCINATION PROOF REQUIRED ESSENTIAL SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Knowledge of curriculum, principles and best practices of early
- Ability and willingness to remain abreast of developments in
the child development/early childhood education field to enhance
professional growth and development.
- Willingness to participate in the program s commitment to
continuously review, analyze and apply findings from local and
national evaluations to current program design.
- Knowledge of state child care licensing requirements
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team as a
cooperative and supportive team member.
- Ability to establish supportive relationships and form an
alliance with staff and families from diverse backgrounds on behalf
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in
a manner that demonstrates and fosters cooperation, respect,
concern and openness to change
- Ability to take, or think about the perspective of others and
demonstrate self-awareness of one s own culture, beliefs, and
- Ability to physically interact with children including the
ability to walk or run quickly, kneel or sit on floor, bend and
lift, walk over rough or uneven ground, while in or outside of
- Ability to lift, carry and move center/classroom equipment and
supplies and/or bulky objects or children weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Organization skills with the ability to manage time and
- Ability to collaboratively problem-solve
- Maintain boundaries and performs all duties in an ethical and
- Complies with all confidentiality regulations as required
- Ability to obtain First Aid and CPR certification.
- Ability to operate a computer and office equipment, including,
but not limited to, a telephone, fax machine, and copier.
- Proof of COVID vaccination required. Educare Omaha offers
COMPETITIVE PAY and a GREAT BENEFITS package that includes:
- Vacation (12 days during 1st year)
- Sick Pay (12 days)
- 11 Paid Holidays per school year plus
- Two weeks paid time off for Winter Break
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life and
Accidental Death Dismemberment Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan with 3% employer match beginning on your
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Professional Development APPLY for
this great opportunity TODAY! Educare Omaha is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT REPORTS TO: School Director SUPERVISES:
Associate Teacher, Teacher Aide
Keywords: Educare of Omaha, Inc., Omaha , Lead Teacher *$1,500 Sign On Bonus*, Education / Teaching , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!