Chinese World Language Teacher - Secondary (Applicant Pool)
Company: Omaha Public Schools
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Title: Chinese World Language Teacher - Secondary (Applicant
Pool) If you are interested in a position for the current school
year or the upcoming 2023-24 school year please complete this
application to be considered. We use pool postings throughout the
entire calendar year to interview and hire teachers. We do not post
by specific building openings. Location: TBD Reports To: Building
Principal Work Schedule/FLSA Status: per negotiated agreement /
Exempt Salary Schedule: As outlined in applicable negotiated
agreement Position Purpose: Plans for, teaches, and facilitates
learning for all students. Creates a positive learning environment.
Maintains academic progress, records, and discipline. Works
collaboratively with students, parents and staff to provide and
implement classroom education to meet the needs of all students.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor's degree in education from an
accredited college or university.
- A valid NE Teaching Certificate or the ability to obtain one
with appropriate endorsement(s) in Chinese.
- A demonstrated philosophy that all students can and will
- Excellent attendance record
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Best Instructional
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Professional verification of successful classroom teacher
performance and/or student teaching experience.
- Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the
standards for ethical and professional performance established by
the State Board of Education.
- This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster
positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively
with students, staff, parents and the community
- A willingness and demonstrated abilities conducive to a
continuous quest for quality education. Essential Performance
- Developing students' cognitive capacity and respect for
- Positively fostering students' self-esteem.
- Working with and understanding a diverse student
- Integration of leadership, technology, and communication in to
- Planning for and guiding the learning process to help student
achieve program objectives.
- Maintaining an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Implementing useful diagnostic and progress assessment
- Selecting and using effective instructional methods and
- Establishing a cooperative relationship with all assigned
- Maintaining open lines of communication with parents, guardians
- Engaging in professional growth activities through an ongoing
program of job related knowledge and skill development.
- Working collaboratively to achieve the overall purpose of the
school's program and support the District's vision, aims and
- Integrating the themes of leadership, technology, and
communication with a diverse population.Additional Duties Performs
other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central
office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Equipment: This position may require the ability to use SMART
boards and iPads in addition to basic office equipment such as
computers, copiers, scanners, and fax machine. Must always comply
with OPS's guidelines for equipment use. Travel: Limited travel may
be requested. Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
- Must be able to respond rapidly in emergency situations
- Must have organization, time management, communication, and
- Work in school building environmentsInterrelations:
- Contact with personnel within the district and other
- Will be working under the direct supervision of the building
administration in order to complete day to day tasks
- Will be working with a diverse population requiring the ability
to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy
- Must understand and respond appropriately to stakeholder needs
and maintain a positive attitude with all
- Expected to interact with all internal and external
stakeholders in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick,
responsive service Employee Punctuality and Appearance
- In order for schools to operate effectively, employees are
expected to perform all assigned duties and work all scheduled
hours during each designated workday, unless the employee has
received approved leave.
- Any deviation from assigned hours must have prior approval from
the employee's supervisor or building administrator.
- All employees are required to report to work dressed in a
manner that reflects a positive image of Omaha Public Schools and
is appropriate for their position. Terms of EmploymentThis position
is treated as a full-time exempt certified position. The terms of
your employment will be governed by applicable state laws
regulating employment or teaching in a Nebraska public school and
Board of Education policies, as those laws and policies may change
from time to time, and the Teacher Contract. If your position is
represented by a collective bargaining representative, then your
employment will also be governed by a negotiated agreement between
OPS and that collective bargaining representative. Terms of
employment are contingent upon:
- Verification of a valid Nebraska Teaching License or other
- A background check which demonstrates background is acceptable
for the position sought and working with or around students.
- Verification of U.S. Citizenship or legal authorization to work
in the United States.
- Successful completion of a tuberculosis skin test (if required
by federal law for your position).
- Execution and delivery to OPS of a Teacher Contract presented
by OPS. Omaha Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic
information, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship
status, veteran status, political affiliation or economic status in
its programs, activities, employment, and provides equal access to
the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following
individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the
non-discrimination policies: Director for the Office of Equity and
Diversity, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131. ) The Omaha Public
School District is committed to providing access and reasonable
accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and
employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability
accommodation in the application process please contact the human
resources department at .
Keywords: Omaha Public Schools, Omaha , Chinese World Language Teacher - Secondary (Applicant Pool), Education / Teaching , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!