Company: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Designs and delivers a balanced program of instruction in high
school level science material. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Teaches secondary school level science.
- Develops and implements both group and individual lesson plans
for daily, quarter, semester, and year-long periods planning
instructional experiences for students in accordance with
- Maintains accurate and complete records as required by laws,
policies, and regulations.
- Instructs students utilizing a variety of classroom methods,
adapting methodology and instructional materials to meet student
needs, abilities, and IEPs.
- Assigns and grades class work and homework; prepares,
administers, and grades tests.
- Establishes and implements behavioral protocols; observes and
evaluates student behavior, performance, social development, and
- Supports school-related extracurricular activities.
- Maintains positive professional communications with parents,
guardians, administration, and colleagues regarding progress and
concerns. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of state policies, statutes, and procedures on
education and regulations of Nebraska.
- Ability to deliver instruction in an effective and efficient
- Ability to modify or adapt general education curriculum.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional competence via
in-service education, self-selected professional education, and
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the use of a behavioral
approach to motivate student learning.
- Ability to demonstrate concern and respect for individual
students. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school required.
- Properly endorsed and certificated required.
- Current Nebraska Teaching Certificate (or the ability to obtain
one per Rule 21) with an endorsement in Biology, Chemistry, Earth
and Space Science, Natural Science, Physical Science, or Physics is
required. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous classroom teaching experience in the field
- Special Education endorsement preferred. About Boys Town: Boys
Town has been changing the way America cares for children and
families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees
have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha,
Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care
organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town
National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into
the health care and research fields, offering even more career
opportunities to those looking to make a real difference. Our
employees are our supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's
mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making
the world a better place for children, families, patients, and
communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families
include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions
under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting
resources from our experts and professional development
opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working
at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. This
advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed
and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or
abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity
employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran
status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the
application process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha , Science Teacher, Education / Teaching , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...