Paraprofessional, Special Education Alternative Curriculum Program (ACP) (Starts at $15.90 per hour)
Company: Omaha Public Schools
Posted on: March 20, 2023
POSITION TITLE: Paraprofessional - Special Education Alternative
Curriculum Program (ACP) RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist or directly carry out educational activities designed
by teacher and support personnel; i.e., O.T., P.T., Speech
- To assist students with toileting needs and diaper
- To carry out self-care programs with students including
feeding, tooth brushing and grooming.
- To assist with unloading and loading students on the
- To assist in making the classroom environment cheerful and
- To maintain immaculate cleanliness standards in the classroom
- To collect and record data.
- To make teaching materials related to the curriculum.
- To carry out structured behavior programs as directed by
- To maintain confidentiality of student information.
- To interact/communicate with students as directed by
- To perform as a positive member of the educational teamwork
effectively with other paraprofessionals in the classroom and a
variety of professional staff affiliated with the program.
- To carry out programs in both school and non-school settings as
- To perform other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding student and
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, twist, balance, stoop, climb
steps and reach overhead
- Training in health care related field preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Follows written and oral directions to carry out educational
programs of students.
- Committed to helping all children learn - assist students and
reinforce learning concepts for individual or small groups
- Willingness to participate in professional development and
- Regular daily attendance is essential
- Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness
- Ability to work with diverse populations and handle situations
with tact and diplomacy
- Expected to interact with all internal and external customers
in a friendly and professional manner
- Possess the manual dexterity, physical ability and stamina for
a full day of various physical activityOTHER INFORMATION: Reports
to: Building PrincipalWork Schedule: 7.0 hours per day, Monday
through Friday, 10 Month, Non-ExemptSalary: Wages are administered
consistent with negotiated agreement or board adopted salary
schedule. Terms of EmploymentThis position is treated as a
full-time non-exempt classified position. The terms of your
employment will be governed by applicable state laws regulating
employment in a Nebraska public school and Board of Education
policies, as those laws and policies may change from time to time.
If your position is represented by a collective bargaining
representative, then your employment will also be governed by a
negotiated agreement between OPS and that collective bargaining
representative. The offer of employment is contingent upon:
- Obtaining and providing verification of all licenses,
certificates, and other requirements for the position (e.g.,
Paraprofessionals obtaining Highly Qualified status, etc.), as
identified and maintaining all licenses, certificates, and
requirements for your position throughout employment.
- A background check which demonstrates to OPS that background is
acceptable for the position.
- Verification of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work
in the United States.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (if
required for position offered).
- Successful completion of a tuberculosis skin test (if required
for position offered).
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical examination
to determine ability to safely and effectively perform the
essential functions of the position.Omaha public schools does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual
orientation, disability, age, genetic information, gender identity,
gender expression, citizenship status, veteran status, political
affiliation or economic status in its programs, activities,
employment, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other
designated youth groups. The following individual has been
designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination
policies: Director for the Office of Equity and Diversity, 3215
Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131. ) The Omaha Public School District
is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in
its services, programs, activities, education and employment for
individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation
in the application process please contact the human resources
department at .
Keywords: Omaha Public Schools, Omaha , Paraprofessional, Special Education Alternative Curriculum Program (ACP) (Starts at $15.90 per hour), Education / Teaching , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...