Company: Jewish Community Center of Omaha
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Job Title: Piano Instructor-Private Lessons
Supervisor: JCC Cultural Arts Director
Work Schedule: To be determined in conjunction with supervisor; we
schedule in blocks.
Primary Purpose of Job
Responsible for teaching students how to play the piano.
- Bachelors degree in music. Graduate degrees preferred.
- Extensive musical training and experience in a variety of
- Read, write and edit musical notations quickly and
- Three (3) years of successful teaching experience in private
and/or group settings.
- Enthusiasm for music and an ability to inspire students
life-long love and learning of music.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be available to work entire season (fall through
- Ability to establish and maintain productive relations and
positive attitude with and toward others
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks on time
- Must clean up work area when lessons are completed
- Instruct private and/or group piano lessons
- Adapt lesson resources and tailor teaching methods to the needs
of the individual
- Inspire students to want to continue to grow as pianist and
continue with instruction by providing an effective, varied, and
enjoyable range of activities to further students musical and
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students
active participation in their own learning
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students
- Commitment to continual professional development
This position requires that the person be able to sit for extended
periods of time.
Customer Service Statement
The Piano Instructor shares in the JCCs commitment to provide
excellent customer service to its members. He/she should be
professional in all of his/her relationships with members and
guests. He/she should take the time to learn the names of as many
individuals as possible and to make sure that individual members
are pleased with the services and programs provided by the JCC.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete
as possible. It in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties required. Other duties apply that are assigned.
Keywords: Jewish Community Center of Omaha, Omaha , Piano Instructor, Education / Teaching , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!