Senior Engineer (Transmission Engineering)
Company: Omaha Public Power District
Posted on: May 5, 2021
***OPPD is very aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are
evaluating all necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting
travel and face to face interviews until further notice, so please
expect some delays in processing of your application of
interest.*** OPPDs Engineering Department is looking for a senior
professional engineer position that provides project management,
project estimating, design engineering, permitting, procurement
management, and closeout for the District's transmission line
projects. Performance is measured by safety, reliability,
operability and economy of assigned projects. Specific
accountabilities of this role include:
- Provides the requisite project management, design engineering,
permitting, procurement management, and closeout for the
construction of additions and modifications to the District's
transmission system to ensure the safe, reliable and economic
transformation and delivery of electric power to meet system and
customer load requirements.
- Provides project management services on small to extra-large
transmission projects and participates on larger project teams as
required and/or technically complex District projects. Including
consultant scope development, engineering review, schedule
adherence and invoice approval on consultant and construction
- Prepares material specifications, material contracts, outside
service contracts and any related contract management for assigned
projects with the review and concurrence of the department's Lead
- Accountable for design compliance with all applicable
governmental, Code, industry standards, internal procedures,
reliability (NERC/MRO/SPP) standards, and internal policies.
- Communicates project activities including estimates, design,
procurement, permitting, contract administration and schedules with
project team, project managers, and OPPD management.
- Accountable for safety, reliability, operability and economy of
- Provides Professional Engineering review and stamping where
- Applies engineering application software for design of overhead
transmission lines and foundations. (PLS/ FAD)
- Provides technical direction and training to entry-level
engineers and designers.
- Keep abreast of the latest technological advances in the
transmission field. Qualifications
- Four (4) year Bachelor of Science degree in (Structural/ Civil
/ or equivalent) Engineering degree (ABET-accredited degree)
- Five (5) years of equivalent engineering work experience.
Masters degree may be considered for up to two years of
- Professional Engineer (PE) certificate or means for reciprocity
within six months.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to
communicated complex data or concepts in simple or --Layman-- terms
geared to specific audience.
- Have the ability to perform complex engineering tasks and
perform intricate studies.
- Demonstrated design capability of all aspects of installations
- A valid driver's license Desired:
- Familiarity and experience with Ventyx (Asset Suite), Cognos,
AutoDesk (CAD), Bentley MicroStation, PeopleSoft, SharePoint and
- Master's degree in Engineering or Business.
- NERC, or other relevant industry-level education /
- Demonstrated capabilities of researching engineering and design
issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations, and
- Advanced MS Office Professional Skills (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Electric utility transmission design and construction
- Understanding and application of NESC, OSHA, ASCE, etc. as it
applies to transmission design and construction methods
- Thorough knowledge of OPPD's T&D, Substation and Generation
system. Closing Statement
S6 Foundation $96,704 Midpoint $120,880 Where the Light Starts What
does it mean to be the source of light? On a basic level, it means
operating from a place of honesty and integrity. It's how we
achieve things. How we provide affordable, reliable,
environmentally sensitive energy. Because it matters. We've pledged
to serve, honor, and care for this community. That means the 13
counties we service, and it means one another. It means the people
right here at OPPD--proudly comprised and welcoming of every creed,
race, age, orientation, and color. Being --where the light starts--
means showing up for each other and the people we serve. Doing the
right thing even when no one's watching. We're proud of our
commitment. We reward creative problem solving. We recognize that
consistency and reliability are tremendous resources. That
providing these things to the community and each other is a
privilege. Because we are leading the way the future is powered. We
are the source of light. Out there. In here. Everywhere.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at on or before May 16, 2021. Recruiter: Athena
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless
you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen
a specific opening, your application will remain in DRAFT form and
will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff. ***OPPD is very
aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all
necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face
to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some
delays in processing of your application of interest.***
Keywords: Omaha Public Power District, Omaha , Senior Engineer (Transmission Engineering), Engineering , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!