Sr. Process Engineer
Company: Conagra Brands
Posted on: January 15, 2022
A Senior Process Engineer will be a primary owner of process
development for priority businesses and brands, particularly on
major initiatives, from the initial concept through final
commercialization phases. Development work will focus on
understanding the science that defines critical transformations
within each unit operation, and then translating this into
performance-based specifications that provide the widest possible
solution space for optimized system design. In addition, this
position will work to further develop technical skills within
assigned areas of focus in order to provide impactful business
results outside of business-led initiatives. The individual in this
position will have a bias for action, will be efficient in working
towards end goals, will utilize external resources and insights
where appropriate, will demonstrate command of process engineering
principles, and will measure self-performance by actual results and
how they were delivered. This position could have direct
- Define the physical, chemical, and biological transformations
that must occur to produce food products meeting customer and
consumer requirements, and translate into clear design
specifications & process requirements.
- Lead process development as well as other cross-functional
activities on projects, particularly those initiatives involving
innovation and new technologies.
- Develop cost estimates and capital requests for small and
- Construct and lead the execution of bench top, pilot plant and
plant experiments/trials, either individually or as a member of a
- Comprehend and apply principles of the scale-up of unit
operations common within the food industry.
- Understand the fundamentals of Design of Experiments, and
execute where appropriate.
- Exhibit high-level business acumen to understand and challenge
drivers that influence project profitability and cost
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all experimental and
- Evaluate results, make conclusions, prepare reports and/or
presentation decks, present and defend with support of
- Leverage both internal and external resources to help analyze
problems, identify alternative options, carry out tests, foresee
consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in
support of goals.
- Conduct literature searches and prepare
summaries/conclusions/insights playbooks from them.
- Define processing core competencies in terms of playbooks,
white papers, or other forms of knowledge capture and transfer
technical learnings to manufacturing facilities where
- Develop and apply project management skills.
- Act as change agent within the organization, and champion ideas
with significant business potential, gaining organizational buy-in
where resistance is initially met.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of process
innovation and development pipeline in assigned business areas
through development of subject matter expertise and creative
- Direct group efforts by collecting, analyzing, and presenting
process data.Position Qualifications
- BS Chemical or Food Engineering required. MS preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in process research required
with a preference of having worked in the food industry.
- Knowledge of unit operations and processing equipment.
- Intermediate project management knowledge and strong
- Ability and desire to learn new skills/technologies and to
- Strategic, big-picture thinking skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and individually.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel,
Visio and PowerPoint. Familiarity with statistics tools and
software (i.e. Minitab). Familiarity with historian or other
process database management.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time. Must be able to travel
independently and as a responsible company representative.Conagras
culture of collaboration enhances our ability to meet critical
business goals, deliver value to customers and consumers and
provide you with the flexibility you need to achieve a better
work-life balance. We carefully consider each role and how often
each team member needs to collaborate in-person. This position
requires you work from our Omaha office 4 days a week.#LI-SM2Our
Benefits:We care about your total well-being and will support you
with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid
life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and
stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development
- Balance: paid-time off, paternal leave, flexible work-schedules
(subject to your location and role)Our Company:Conagra Brands is
one ofNorth America'sleading branded food companies. We have a rich
heritage of making great food, and a team thats passionate about
innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion
through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye,Marie Callender's,
Banquet, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim, Reddi-wip, and Vlasic, and
emerging brands, including Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP, Duke's, Earth
Balance, Gardein, and Frontera.We pride ourselves on having the
most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food
industry. For more information, visitwww.conagrabrands.com.Conagra
Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified
applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color,
religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status,
disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other
characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or
Keywords: Conagra Brands, Omaha , Sr. Process Engineer, Engineering , Fremont, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!