Company: Conagra Brands
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Reporting to the Process Technology Manager, you will support
process technology development across the portfolio of businesses
and brands from initial concept through final commercialization.
Development work will focus on understanding the science that
defines transformations within each unit operation, then
translating this knowledge into performance-based specifications
that provide the widest possible solution space for optimized
system design. You will work to further develop technical skills
and expertise to provide impactful results that are incremental to
assigned projects.What You'll Do:
- Determine the physical, chemical, and biological
transformations that must occur to produce food products meeting
customer and consumer requirements. Translate those transformations
into clear design specifications and process requirements.
- Support process development and other activities on projects
involving innovation and new technologies.
- Help with cost estimates and capital requests for trials and
- Extend technical purview to understand and challenge processes
that influence profitability and cost optimization.
- Design and execute bench top, pilot plant and plant experiments
/ trials, either individually or as a member of a technical
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all experimental and
- Evaluate results, make conclusions, prepare reports and
presentation decks; present and defend with support of
- Leverage internal and external resources to help analyze
problems, identify alternative options, perform tests, foresee
consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations to
- Conduct literature searches and prepare
summaries/conclusions/insights playbooks from them.
- Define processing operations in terms of procedures, white
papers, or other forms of knowledge capture and transfer technical
insights to manufacturing facilities.
- Lead within the organization and champion ideas with business
potential; gain organizational support where resistance is
initially met with supervisory support.
- Contribute to the development of process technology pipeline
through creativity within and outside of business constraints.What
- BS Chemical, Biological, Mechanical, or Food Engineering.
- 3+ years related experience.
- Knowledge of unit operations and processing equipment in
- Intermediate project management knowledge and skills.
- Ability to learn new skills / technologies and to understand
processes / products / systems.
- Familiarity with statistics tools and software (i.e. Minitab).
Familiarity with historian or other process database
- Travel up to 25% of the time on average, with peak travel
reaching 40%.Conagras culture of collaboration enhances our ability
to meet critical business goals, deliver value to customers and
consumers and provide you with the flexibility you need to achieve
a better work-life balance. We carefully consider each role and how
often each team member needs to collaborate in-person. This
position requires you work from our Omaha office 4 days a
week.#LI-SM2Our Benefits:We care about your total well-being and
will support you with the following, subject to your location and
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid
life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and
stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development
- Balance: paid-time off, paternal leave, flexible work-schedules
(subject to your location and role)Our Company:Conagra Brands is
one ofNorth America'sleading branded food companies. We have a rich
heritage of making great food, and a team thats passionate about
innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion
through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye,Marie Callender's,
Banquet, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim, Reddi-wip, and Vlasic, and
emerging brands, including Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP, Duke's, Earth
Balance, Gardein, and Frontera.We pride ourselves on having the
most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food
industry. For more information, visitwww.conagrabrands.com.Conagra
Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified
applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color,
religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status,
disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other
characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or
Keywords: Conagra Brands, Omaha , Process Engineer, Engineering , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!