Company: Omaha Public Power District
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Application Engineers are responsible to translate software
requirements into workable programming code. The Application
Engineer are also responsible for maintaining code in the context
of production operations. While maintaining a broad understanding
of the field, they are specialized in a specific development field.
It is expected the Application Engineer will have in-depth
knowledge of at least one computer language. They are responsible
with following existing software development practices and
procedures to include testing code and coordination with QA
"Quality Assurance" Engineers and customers.Software Development:
Involved with all the facets of the software development.
- Able to implement medium complexity features
- Develop code based on the design documents as well functional
and non-functional requirements.
- Produce clean and efficient code.
- Review and debug code.
- Unit, and integration test to check that output from the
program works as intended.
- Work with the quality assurance and other teams to ensure the
successful handover of code and rest of the deliverables.
- React to problems and correct the program as necessary.
- Writing detailed documentation.Planning: Actively involved with
preparation of projects.
- Comfortable with bottom-up planning.
- Provide high level and detailed estimates.
- Decompose work into work packages.
- Prioritize own tasks.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or related
field, or a combination of education and work experience that
provides the necessary skills to perform the essential job
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in software development and coding
- Strong understanding of objected oriented programming
- Must be familiar with C#, C++, Java
- Strong knowledge of at least one development language
- Strong knowledge of personal computer software and hardware,
particularly Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft
Office product suite, Active Directory and Exchange.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are
required, including the ability to communicate clearly and
professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with
minimum supervision. Requires exceptional organizational skills,
problem solving skills, and flexibility in changing
- Be a team player with the ability to share knowledge and
develop colleagues for the overall benefit of the team and
- Experience as software architect.
- Familiar with tools and platforms such as Confluence, Jira,
GIT, Jenkins, Ansible.
Python, HTML, CSSClosing Statement
Salary Grade: S4Minimum: $81,427Midpoint: $101,784
At Omaha Public Power District, we're passionate about three
things: power, the people who make it, and the people who rely on
it.WE ARE: Where the Light Starts. OPPD is the 12th-largest public
power utility in the U.S., serving over 850,000 people across 5,000
square miles and 13 counties.WE'RE COMMITTED TO: Each other and the
people we serve. This commitment drives us. We're dedicated to
providing our communities with affordable, reliable, and
environmentally sensitive energy services today, tomorrow, and well
into the future.OUR JOB: To provide power with a purpose. We have
real impact - on people's lives, on the environment, and on the
future of energy. We're always looking for bright, capable people
who want an opportunity to lead from where you are-wherever you
are- and know that your ideas will be heard. If you want to be a
source of real, positive change for the community and the people
who live in this region, then working for a company acknowledged
for caring about these same things is likely a priority for you as
EOE: Protected Veterans/DisabilityHow To Apply
Apply online at www.oppd.com on or before February 10,
2022.Recruiter: Laura Fritson - email@example.com
**PLEASE NOTE** - Your application has not been submitted unless
you have applied for a specific requisition. If you have not chosen
a specific opening, your application will remain in 'DRAFT' form
and will not be viewed by our Human Capital staff.***OPPD is very
aware of the potential risks of COVID-19 and are evaluating all
necessary precautions. With that, we are limiting travel and face
to face interviews until further notice, so please expect some
delays in processing of your application of interest.***
Keywords: Omaha Public Power District, Omaha , Application Engineer, Engineering , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!