Shift Engineer - 2 positions
Company: Omaha Public Schools
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Position Title: Shift Engineer - 2 positions Location: Teacher
Administrative Center, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131 Reports
To: Building Principal Work Schedule/FLSA Status: 261 Duty Days/
Non- Exempt. Salary Schedule: This is a full-time negotiated
position. Sal plan: Based on negotiated agreement. Position
Statement: The Shift Engineer - position will be responsible for
the general care and upkeep of the building(s), grounds and
equipment in support of school programs assuring facility and
grounds are well maintained and safe. The Shift Engineer will
provide guidance and direction as approved by the building
administrator and/or Supervisor of Operations; work along side
custodial employees for maximum productivity; assist in
establishing a productive work environment; consistently complete
routine tasks, follow safety procedures, correctly diagnose and
address problems in a timely manner while anticipating supply and
equipment needs. QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- City of Omaha Third Grade Stationary Plant Operators License,
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, and interpersonal
skills required to achieve the goals of the position.
- Knowledgeable in HVAC equipment operation, housekeeping
cleaning procedures and custodial equipment.
- Must have above average communication and inter-personal
skills, high level of self motivation and superior organization
- Must communicate (written and verbal) at a superior level and
be trustworthy with confidential information.
- Must have predictable and above average attendance.
- Must have the ability to review work orders.
- Under the direction of the building administrator, demonstrate
the ability to assign tasks to employees and verify the quality of
- The employee is regularly required to climb, kneel, stoop, walk
and engage in heavy physical activities including exerting force
equal to lifting a minimum of fifty (50) pounds in performance of
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to demonstrate skilled and accurate physical
actions involving rapid movements and coordinated performance, on
or with equipment with a high degree of manual dexterity in the use
of hand instruments or tools. RESPONSIBILITIES Below is a list of
major responsibilities but job is not limited to:
- Maintain accurate preventative maintenance records including:
routine maintenance information i.e. record of dates for changing
filters, belts, oil/lubrications schedule pool maintenance records
etc. Maintain detailed and updated instructions for trouble
shooting problems unique to the mechanical operations of the
- Maintains complete an correct work records and preserves
confidentiality with personnel matters
- Consistently anticipates supply and equipment needs, assuring
that the necessary materials are available and in good condition
- Operates HVAC equipment for environmental comfort according to
established guidelines and directives, and performs all operator
inspections and maintains operator log sheets.
- Assists in inspection of the facility and adjacent grounds for
security, vandalism, safety hazards, and housekeeping and makes
reports to the appropriate personnel.
- Establishes the facility cleaning schedules and performs
housekeeping cleaning using approved housekeeping methods and
- Monitors inventory of supplies and equipment in facility and
ensure they are used according to manufacturer's directions. Also,
ensure tools and equipment is clean and in good condition.
- Report all emergency situation and problems, maintenance, and
safety concerns to appropriate personnel; take appropriate action
to ensure adherence to established guidelines and established
procedures in the handling of problems and emergencies.
- Under the direction of the building administrator, assist in
coaching and counseling with the housekeeping supervisors and serve
as the lead in assigning custodial staff assigned to the facility
in maintaining housekeeping of the facility and adjacent
- Develop and maintain courteous customer service with students,
administrators, and staff including prompt attention to issues and
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned. NOTE: The
statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: Omaha Public Schools, Omaha , Shift Engineer - 2 positions, Engineering , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...