Mid-Level Water Resources Engineer
Company: Felsburg Holt & Ullevig
Posted on: May 28, 2023
DESCRIPTION Felsburg Holt & Ullevig is seeking an
entrepreneurial, self-starting, and energetic mid-level water
resources engineer looking to advance their career at a
forward-thinking firm focused on delivering excellence in
transportation! The ideal candidate is expected to have 8 to 15
years of relevant experience and will work out of our Omaha or
Lincoln office. This selected candidate will have the opportunity
to work on a wide range of complex water resources projects ranging
from hydrology and hydraulics support for transportation projects
to standalone projects, such as stream restoration, floodplain
analysis, and major outfall systems. The selected candidate will
help lead drainage and floodplain management efforts that support
transportation projects as well as manage water resources specific
projects. This role will also include the responsibility of
managing a small group of engineers and designers, providing
mentorship, and fostering career growth. Business development and
marketing will also be a part of this role. ESSENTIAL DUTIES and
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be
- Work with leadership within the Water Resources Group to help
manage staff efforts, provide mentorship and guidance to staff,
participate in staff and project coordination meetings.
- Help develop FHU staff within their existing skill sets, and
encourage growth in water resources areas of interest like stream
restoration, regional water quality and detention designs, major
outfall design, etc.
- Manage the drainage design and water resources portion of
transportation projects as a task lead including schedule, budget,
scope, and coordination with other discipline task leads.
- Manage independent drainage design and water resources projects
including contracting, scope and fee development, team management,
client management, and deliverables, with attention to meeting
scope, fee, and schedule.
- Assist in business development and marketing efforts for water
resources specific projects and select transportation
- Roadway drainage design including hydrology and hydraulics for
projects including roadside ditches, curb and gutter sections,
complex storm sewer design with utility conflicts, retrofitting
storm sewer design, and coordinating with existing downstream
- Stormwater quality and detention design including post
construction best management practices (BMPs), construction BMPs
for sediment and erosion control, and general familiarity with
common Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permits
- Bridge and culvert hydraulic analysis, including sizing
proposed structures, analyzing existing structures, scour analysis,
and design for scour protection for minor to major outfalls.
- Floodplain analysis, including HEC-RAS modeling, to support
documentation for floodplain development permit applications and
preparing Conditional Letter of Map Revision and Letter of Map
Revision applications to FEMA.
- Support construction projects by reviewing submittals,
answering RFI's, and conducting field visits to ensure compliance
with the contract drawings and specifications. Requirements
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an accredited
four-year college or university with an emphasis in water
resources. Master's degree considered a plus.
- 8 years minimum experience in drainage design and water
resources related work focused on transportation related work like
storm sewer conveyance, water quality facility design, floodplain
analysis, major structure sizing, etc.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil3D and/or MicroStation.
- Experience with hydrology and hydraulic modeling software like
HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS 1D/2D, SMS SRH-2D, CulvertMaster, HY8, FlowMaster,
- Local experience with DOTs, Counties, and Cities is a
- Stream/wetland/pond restoration and watershed planning
experience is desirable.
- Project Management experience required.
- Marketing and business development experience is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- PE License Salary Range: $90,0000.00-$135,000.00 Benefits At
FHU we seek to provide a benefits package that helps our team
maintain a healthy work-life balance - a concept that is a guiding
principle for us. Employees enjoy benefits including:
- Medical/RX, HSA, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability; all of
which FHU contributes a significant portion towards or, for some
plans, covers 100% of the premiums
- Generous Vacation and Sick leave programs
- 401(k) with employer match
- Adoption Assistance program
- Flexible schedules & Remote work options
- Professional and career development opportunities including
tuition reimbursement for continuing education.
- Support of employee participation in professional and technical
societies & various civic organizations.
- Reimbursement of professional certification and registration
fees. FHU Employees are encouraged to participate in a variety of
internal committees which include groups such as the Technology
Committee, CAD Committee, FHUlanthropy Committee and the FHUn
Committee, which plans multiple events that keep energy (and
bragging rights) high and helps us remain a tight-knit team. We
also enjoy many opportunities to socialize at various FHU sponsored
events throughout the year.
Keywords: Felsburg Holt & Ullevig, Omaha , Mid-Level Water Resources Engineer, Engineering , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...