Financial Actuarial Director - Long Term Care
Company: Mutual of Omaha
Posted on: September 9, 2020
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated actuarial leader to
head the Long-Term Care modeling and valuation team. This team has
responsibility for modeling, valuation and financial reporting and
analysis efforts for Mutual of Omaha's established and growing
block of Long-Term Care business.Mutual of Omaha is an industry
leading writer of Long-Term Care, so this is a high visibility role
with great exposure to senior leadership. As such, effective
communication and collaboration are essential, to both technical
and non-technical audiences. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Plans, staffs, directs and controls team activities, including
all personnel management functions for assigned staff.
- Trains and develops staff, including both experienced actuaries
as well as actuarial students.
- Develops modeling, valuation and assumption strategies and
- Stays abreast of industry trends, regulations and other
relevant topics related to Long-Term Care products and financial
- Owns, directs and continually improves processes and analysis
of routinely report results. Communicates results and trends
effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborates across functions on assumption development
strategies, product profitability and strategic direction for the
Long-Term Care book.
- Works with internal and cross functional stakeholders to
improve processes, analysis and product understanding in the most
- Partners with Pricing, Claims, and Financial Planning
associates to understand and explain emerging trends and form
recommendations regarding product management actions.
- Assists in the formation and execution of enterprise-wide
initiatives to optimize Mutual of Omaha's risk/return position,
including operational and strategic goals.
- Provides risk monitoring of Company risk tolerances and
checkpoints. Provides risk analysis for various Risk Committees as
warranted. Develops recommendations for changes as
- Supports other enterprise risk initiatives including model risk
management and assumption governance best practices.
- Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries (FSA), plus relevant
- Ability to incorporate actuarial expertise with the creativity
necessary to identify opportunities to either lower risk (with no
loss of return) or increase return (with no increase in
- Knowledge of insurance products and investments, banking
products and asset characteristics, and stochastic modeling
- Knowledge of applicable valuation techniques and
- Good business judgment to identify experience trends and issues
requiring modification in standard approaches or need to elevate
- Leadership, communication and human relations skills.
- Creativity, awareness of emerging environmental and industry
trends, and strong problem solving abilities using business
- Long Term Care insurance experience is strongly preferred.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of
- A organization that feels like a small, close-knit community
and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules
and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product
customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability
creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to
experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you'll have the tools to be your best self at work.
Here you'll do meaningful work and your talents will have a
positive impact on peoples' lives as we help our customers protect
what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse,
dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become
engaged --- feel a sense of belonging --- and contribute to the
company's exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND
EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact
our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are
available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply
within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity
/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to
Keywords: Mutual of Omaha, Omaha , Financial Actuarial Director - Long Term Care, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!