Director, Employee Relations
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Title: Director, Employee Relations: @ Omaha, NE:Terms of Hire:
Full Time.Salary: $ 105,000-$115,000 /YR+ Benefits.JOB
INFORMATION:The Director, Employee Relations is responsible for
defining, developing, directing, and executing complex and
comprehensive Human Resources/Employee Relations functions in a
consistent and reasonable manner relative to applicable policies,
processes, and procedures as well as laws. They will also support
Employee Relations' strategy through the advancement of other Human
Resource professionals including those in the Human Resources
Service Center.Essential Duties: :
- Partner and collaborate with global Human Resources, Legal,
and/or Internal Audit departments to promote respect and dignity in
the workplace and to respond appropriately and fairly to Employee
- Ensure consistent application of policies and procedures in
guiding/consulting or reviewing complex Employee Relations concerns
while leveraging expertise of other stakeholders.
- Formally respond to sensitive concerns and allegations as
required by internal processes and/or external agencies.
- Coach and guide Human Resource professionals, management, and
other employees regarding compliance concerns, performance
management, and investigation processes/techniques.
- Research and collaboratively design/implement best
policies/practices for the organization.
- Reduce risk by developing/adopting policies, procedures, and
programs to promote fair and efficient business decisions.
- Foster positive employee relations throughout the company by
identifying, developing and driving philosophies and programs to
improve employee engagement in the workplace.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or other related
degree preferred (or 4 years of work experience)
- 8 + years of related experience Skills::
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Exceptional writing, communication, storytelling, and project
- Experience in developing corporate policies and procedures and
- In depth knowledge of state and federal employment laws
including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, OWBPA, etc.Abilities::
- Ability to manage relationships and balance customer, project,
organization, and team needs to ensure mutually beneficial
- Excellent consultative skills and ability to communicate and
collaborate effectively across varied stakeholder audiences
including senior organizational leaders.
- Experience working with managers on complex Employee Relations
concerns, performance management, disciplinary/termination
requests, and reductions-in-force/reorganizations.
- Demonstrated successful experience with constructive
confrontation, conflict resolution, and analysis (problem
assessment, solution generation).
- Proven ability to reasonably work with minimal guidance, manage
multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative even under
unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Effectively able to work in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly
changing, results-oriented work environment.
- Ability to quickly connect with people across a wide variety of
cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong team, interpersonal/persuasion skills, enabling
individual to establish influential partnerships working with
peers, senior leaders across organizational lines.
- Ability to handle confidential information and escalate issues
- Understand Affirmative Action Plans, processes, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of multi-state employment laws as well as
general understanding of international employment
- Ability to maintain a calm and composed demeanor during
challenging circumstances. :You Will Enjoy:
- An opportunity to be a part of a great culture, an awesome
team, a challenging work environment, and some fun along the way!
- Apply today to learn more and be part of our Growth story.All
applications will be kept strictly confidential and once
shortlisted, our team will be in touch with you for further
Keywords: CEDENT, Omaha , Director, Employee Relations, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!