Senior Manager - Diversity, Equity Inclusion and Advocacy
Company: Habitat For Humanity International
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Senior Manager - Diversity, Equity Inclusion and Advocacy Any
Interested Applicants please apply at:
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha (HFHO) seeks a full-time, permanent
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Manager to champion its
anti-racism and equity initiatives. This position reports to the
Director of Public Affairs and Advocacy.
For the sake of these responsibilities, the definition of diversity
includes, but is not limited to: age, race, religion, creed, sex,
sexual orientation, gender or expression , genetic information,
national origin, marital status, parental status, economic status,
membership in a local human rights commission, status as qualified
individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership, and serve as internal consultant, to HFHO
leaders and staff to operationalize equity, inclusion, and
anti-racism principles throughout the organization.
- In partnership with appropriate team members, infuse knowledge
and best practices related to racial equity across HFHO in
programming, communications, internal culture building, and staff
- Enhance HFHO's base of cultural competence and capacity to
improve its service delivery and program impact with BIPOC.
- Explore and recommend various vehicles for ongoing community
and employee input relative to race and equity initiatives and
- Integrate proven methodology, training, and assessment
- Provide guidance to CEO and leadership on further definition
and shape of this position's ongoing role within the
- Outreach, Engagement, Advocacy, and Public Policy
Assist and support Director of Advocacy and Public Relations in:
- The development and maintenance of strategic external
partnerships with colleagues, community members and leaders,
businesses, neighborhood partners, government agencies, and other
key decision makers to further HFHO's mission and overall
- Further developing and refining approach to community outreach
efforts and relationship building, as it relates to matters of
- Representing HFHO on select external committees and
partnerships across the Omaha Metro at select public speaking
- Building coalitions, developing relationships, and forming
partnerships with other non-profits, industry groups, and
government entities to play a collaborative role in public policy
and advocacy initiatives that may move forward our efforts to
reduce racial inequity and disparate impact.
- Board of Directors and Committee Support
- Provide support, training, and consultation to Board of
- Serve as staff co-liaison to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Committee of the Board.
- Participate, collaborate, and contribute as a member of
Leadership Team at HFHO and act as advisor.
- Serve regularly on committees and cross-departmental project
- Work with, and potentially lead, Diversity, Equity and
Inclusion Committee's (DEI) work.
- In partnership with Human Resources: develop and monitor
strategies to improve recruitment retention, and inclusion of
racially diverse staff members; aid in investigations related to
matters of discrimination and/ or harassment as appropriate; And
evaluate compensation policies and practices to ensure equity.
- At least 5 years of experience leading and advancing equity,
inclusion, and anti-racism initiatives within organizational
settings. Bachelor's degree or related training related to the
duties of this position a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and lead effectively within
- Demonstrated training and facilitation skills; development and
- Preference for experience and expertise with relevant
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Is a champion for equity, inclusion, and anti-racism by
evaluating policies, procedures, and ideas to interrupt systemic
racism and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Will directly engage in this work at all levels of the
- High impact and low ego orientation, strong commitment to team
- Exceptional communicator with an emphasis on listening to
understand and de-escalation strategies.
- Values learning from others. Is a deep and empathetic listener
to the ideas, experiences, viewpoints, and perspectives of
- Builds trust by demonstrating respect, creating transparency,
keeping commitments, and actively working to restore trust when
- Collaborates effectively by working authentically and openly
with colleagues inside and outside the organization. Exhibits a
spirit of true partnership that benefits all parties engaged in the
- Is nimble and wise about boundaries and the engagement and
involvement of appropriate parties.
- Is a gifted facilitator, connector of people, and presenter of
information. Creates safe and courageous spaces for dialogue.
- Demonstrates a keen awareness on how public policy initiatives
impact neighborhoods and racial equity work in the community.
$80,000 to $100,000 depending on experience. Plus excellent
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE
CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
Location: Omaha, NE State/Region: Job Type: Employment Type:
Affiliate Job Function: US Affiliate Travel: About Habitat for
Humanity Habitat for Humanity , founded in 1976, is a global,
Christian-based nonprofit organization that grew out of an
intentionally multi-racial community in rural Georgia. Seeking to
put God's love into action, Habitat brings together people of all
faiths and people of no faith to build homes, communities and hope.
Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals
build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength,
stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for
themselves. Habitat--seeks individuals who have a willingness to
affirm these principles and values. Habitat for Humanity
International is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ
and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a
manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person
because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age,
national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation,
veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or
characteristic protected by law. All rights reserved. "Habitat for
Humanity--" is a registered service mark owned by Habitat for
Humanity International. Habitat-- is a service mark of Habitat for
Humanity International. Habitat for Humanity-- International is a
tax-exempt 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization. Your gift is
tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Keywords: Habitat For Humanity International, Omaha , Senior Manager - Diversity, Equity Inclusion and Advocacy, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!