Info Services Director - Infrastructure - Omaha, NE
Company: Mutual of Omaha
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Founded in 1909, Mutual of Omaha is a solid, family-oriented
company that's reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and caring. We
are a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial
services products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout
the United States. We are committed to providing outstanding
service to our policyholders. Our commitment to customer service is
the cornerstone of our vision and values.
Mutual of Omahas Information Services Infrastructure & Operations
Division is currently seeking a Director candidate for the I&O
Services area. This individual will ensure enterprise alignment
through sustaining / continuously improving existing services,
building new enterprise services, and enabling our associates to
contribute to the achievement of corporate objectives.
Specific Areas of Focus:
Director, Infrastructure & Operations - Services - This position
will be responsible for directing Asset Management/Contract
Management, Service Desk, and service functions that include
Unified Communications, Middleware, Database, Storage, and Voice
Infrastructure. The individual is also expected to lead
negotiations for major hardware, software, and services contracts
within the area.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Direct the planning, organizing, staffing and leadership of I/S
activities to include planning projects; interviewing, selecting,
and training managers and senior staff positions; monitoring and
appraising performance of direct reports; coaching and motivating
direct reports and team members; and build teamwork across the
Operation and Company, consciously leading and enabling operational
and transformational excellence.
- Assist with and support business transformation efforts, deploy
methodology, project management techniques and tools and drive use
of appropriate electronic technology for highest productivity and
lead major I/S initiatives.
- Lead research and development activities necessary to keep
abreast of state of the art technological advancements within the
Information Technology Industry and trends relating to systems
advances within the Insurance Industry. Anticipate and actively
address ongoing technology trends and directions pertinent to the
- Assist in the development and implementation of the enterprise
technology and business process architecture and related
development processes. Ensure project solutions are architected and
executed according to enterprise architecture guidelines and
- Assist in leading strategic planning efforts to meet business
goals for business partners' lines of business. Assist in the
development and direction of tactical plans, detailed objectives,
and metrics. Contributes to business planning regarding technology
and business solutions required to maintain operations.
- Develop operational plans and provide task resource estimation
planning. Propose action plans that meet current and future
business needs. Set appropriate goals for the organization and
monitor progress against the plan. Delegate and monitor resources
to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Lead the development and continuous improvement and drive
processes to optimize utilization of all resources, add significant
value and control or reduce costs. Work closely with business
partners, peers and vendors to establish and enhance service level
objectives, ensure high quality, timely and efficient delivery of
services, and provide consulting to improve effectiveness.
- Assist in coordinating the implementation of tactical plans.
Participate in leading the business transformation effort to
improve current systems and business processes to support the
- Identify opportunities for innovation, assess marketplace
obstacles and technical hurdles to business success, and analyze
opportunities and risks associated with delivering assigned
Infrastructure Area services.
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with
various levels of the organization, including business partners,
management, and associates. Develop and maintain interaction with
external vendor partners and assist in the development of
negotiations of procurement, disposition, and maintenance
- Understand overall business mission, vision and direction of
the organization to ensure the management and implementation of new
technology solutions align with emerging business requirements.
Work closely with other IS support units in meeting this
- Define requirements for new technology implementation and
validate them with key business partners while providing highly
technical and responsible associate teams for completion of
- Assist in the negotiation of service level agreements with both
internal and external partners and service providers and monitor
service delivery to ensure the agreed targets and standards are
met. ABOUT YOU:
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred) in Computer Science,
Management Information Systems or a related field, or 8-10 years of
- Experience with infrastructure development, maintenance and
support, as well as project management, business transformation,
and system operations is required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Management/Director level or
higher IT leadership role within a mid to large size company -
financial services leadership experience a plus.
- Strong strategic skills with ability and vision to map out
improved business process flows.
- Successful track record operating as a customer-focused IT
leader with a strong business partner orientation.
- Ability to manage and operate budgets with a track record for
identifying opportunities to reduce costs while meeting or
exceeding expected performance levels.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and foster collaborative
relationships with ability to engage resources outside of
direct-control to gain consensus meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects while possessing a
strong ability to identify, analyze, solve problems and make
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability
to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience (direct
reports, peers and senior management).
- Project management activities such as planning, scheduling,
resource allocation, risk management, and prioritization.
- Superior relationship-building and influencing skills.
- Effective conceptual, analytic and judgment skills in tactical
and strategic matters.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within
the department and the larger organization. You value different
ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in
all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed
internet. WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community
and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental,
vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit
our Career Site.
- Salary Range: $145,000 - $175,000
- Pay commensurate with experience. MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product
customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability
creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to
experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, youll have the tools to be your best self at work.
Here youll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive
impact on peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they
care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse,
dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become
engaged --- feel a sense of belonging --- and contribute to the
companys exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND
EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact
our HR Helpline at 1-.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-. We are available
Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity
/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to
Keywords: Mutual of Omaha, Omaha , Info Services Director - Infrastructure - Omaha, NE, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!