Beh Health Case Manager (RN) Behavioral Health Psych IP
Company: Methodist Health System
Posted on: May 6, 2021
- Purpose of Job
- In conjunction with the patient, their family (as appropriate)
and the Behavioral Health team, the Behavioral Health Case Manager
RN is responsible for supporting the discharge needs of all
patients admitted to the Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit. The
Behavioral Health Case Manager is responsible for connecting with
potential informal and formal resources available to the patient
and identify those that are appropriate and accessible both
clinically and financially to ensure a smooth transition out of the
hospital. Review referrals with the behavioral health physicians
and work with referral sources as needed.
- Job Requirements
- Graduate from an accredited Diploma School of Nursing/College
of Nursing with an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) or
Bachelor's in Science (BSN) required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited college
- Preferred: Professional certification in utilization management
or related field.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of experience working in case management or
navigation and/or experience in psychiatric inpatient care setting
- Knowledge of utilization management, care facilitation and
discharge planning functions.
- Able to effectively and efficiently operate computer based
programs for data input and data collection.
- Ability to provide case management to acute care patients in
order to meet their needs, manage hospital length of stay and
promote effective utilization of resources.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking processes and
evidenced-based knowledge to recognize problems, evaluate facts and
reach sound conclusions.
- Ability to serve as a clinical resource to other members of the
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Physical Activity
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related: - Electrical Shock/Static
- Rare (1-33%):
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat
Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared
and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Hazardous Drugs (exposure to risks, personal protective
- Frequent (67%-100%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses)
(Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Service Coordination
- Regularly attends and actively participates in the Behavioral
Health treatment team meetings.
- As requested, participates in family meetings, treatment plan
update meetings, referral screenings and BOMH meetings to ensure
continuity in the case management process.
- Documents specific case management and discharge planning
activities in the patient's record to not only provide record of
accountability, but to inform and update the physician and other
members of the health care team.
- Discharge Planning
- At the request of the treatment team, coordinates appropriate
referrals to community-based resources and services consistent with
- Assists in obtaining or making referral to necessities such as
medical services, housing, social services, entitlements, and
- Provision of linkages, referrals, and coordination between
services that support the achievement of individualized goals.
- Provides service coordination and case management activities,
including coordination or assistance in accessing medical,
psychiatric, psychopharmacological, psychological, social,
education, housing, transportation or other appropriate
treatment/support services as well as linkage to other community
- Performance Improvement
- Overall work performance is dedicated to meeting and exceeding
the performance improvement standards for the department
- Participates in department performance improvement program and
- Business Acumen
- Is vigilant to the day to day business fluctuations and
responds promptly to re-prioritized assignments to fit the
- Performs routine assignments independently
- Seeks direction when indicated for unusual or non-routine
- Advises appropriate personnel (i.e., Supervisor) of situations
requiring administrative, medical or technical expertise and
- Manages his/her time effectively. Completes all assignments
within the allotted time frame. Establishes priorities for using
his/her time to the best advantage
- Admission/Referral Coordination
- Manage and facilitate referrals and admission processes to the
behavioral health unit.
- Facilitate patients transport from other departments to the
behavioral health unit.
- Maintain professional working relationship with internal and
external referral sources to provide a positive transition
experience for patients.
- Maintain documentation of referrals that are accepted or
- Essential Functions II
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as
mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as
directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values -
Living Our Values, and company policies/procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Omaha , Beh Health Case Manager (RN) Behavioral Health Psych IP, Executive , Fremont, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!