Associate Professor Nursing Director - BSN Program
Company: Methodist Health System
Posted on: May 6, 2021
- Purpose of Job Growth. Opportunity. Development.
Well known for nursing education, Nebraska Methodist College has
been a leader in many ways and is seeking the leader in you to be
the Director of Nursing for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing
program. In this role you will lead by example by providing the
best care from the classroom to the clinical setting with seasoned
and respected faculty in a thriving department. Stake your claim on
the future of healthcare by educating tomorrow's nurses
understanding that learning does not stop in the classroom. As a
leader you would work beside other exceptional leaders in higher
education and healthcare with future opportunities for growth such
as the Dean of Nursing. Are your ready to mentor, educate and lead
the faces of healthcare's future? If so, we would like to start the
conversation by reviewing your application which can be started
- Job Requirements
- One of the following must apply: The Associate Professor
position requires (a) a Doctoral degree in a relevant field
obtained from a regionally accredited program; (b) a Master's
degree, enrollment in a Doctoral degree program, completion of at
least one year of fulltime study in this program and demonstrated
current progress in this program; (c) a Master's degree and
completion of ten years of experience at the rank of Assistant
Professor. Where appropriate, Nebraska licensure and national
certifications are required. For additional information, please
refer to the Nebraska Methodist College Employee Handbook.
- Evidence of teaching, scholarship, and service for the rank is
expected. When rank is sought at the time of hire, the candidate
must already hold the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor at a
regionally accredited institution and have at least four (4) years
at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Evidence of
teaching, scholarship and service, or comparable credentials and
experience, appropriate to the rank must be provided at the time of
hire. Appointment to rank of Associate Professor at time of hire is
made at the discretion of the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Where appropriate, Nebraska licensure and national certifications
are required. For additional information, please refer to the
Nebraska Methodist College Employee Handbook.
- Where appropriate, Nebraska licensure and national
certifications are required of faculty employed at Nebraska
- Or multistate nursing license.
- Ability to provide academic instruction, read, analyze,
interpret and grade academic assignments in a higher educational
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computer and standard office
- Knowledge of various teaching methods and adult learning
- Skill in the effective use of resources including time,
information and available services.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- NOTE: Faculty who work with students completing clinical
assignments will be required to meet Medium Work standards-exerting
up to 50 pounds of force.
- Physical Activity
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Job Hazards
- Not Related:
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses)
(Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat
Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Factors: Instructional Responsibilities: Demonstrate effective
instructional methodology (see Section 2.5.1 of NMC Policy Manual
- Command of the subject and use of effective teaching/learning
- Clear formulation of learning objectives/outcomes demonstrated
by thorough course planning, and thorough preparation for
individual classroom, laboratory, and/or clinical sessions.
- Skill in communicating with students and challenging them to go
beyond what is required.
- Effective course implementation through the use of a variety of
instructional methods, as appropriate, to foster an environment to
stimulate student interest and pursuit of learning.
- Integrity, open-mindedness and objectivity in presenting
- Ability to relate the subject to other areas of knowledge.
- Collaboration with other faculty in the development of
assessment of student learning.
of constructive feedback in a timely manner to students to foster
- Punctuality and reliability in conduct of classes.
- Course revision as needed to increase effectiveness
- Scholarly, Creative and Professional Activities
- Please assign Overall Rating in accordance with the factor
Factor: Participates in scholarship in work that is well expressed,
innovative, comprehensive, and visible, and appropriate to rank in
accordance with the Boyer Model of Scholarship (see Sections
188.8.131.52 of the NMC Policy Manual).
- Professional, College and Community Service.
- Factors: Contributes to the welfare of others through a variety
of means at the College and in the community.
- Is engaged and participates in expected service activities, in
accordance with Section 184.108.40.206.1 of NMC Policy Manual.
- Is effectively engaged in encouraged service activities, in
accordance with Section 220.127.116.11.2 of NMC Policy Manual.
- Is effectively engaged in community/professional service
activities, in accordance with Section 18.104.22.168.3 of NMC Policy
- Essential Job Functions II
- Nursing Course/Core Coordinator
- Factors: Nursing Course Coordinator. Please assign Overall
Rating in accordance with the factors listed
- Formulates and updates the course syllabus.
- Develops the course didactic and/or clinical schedule.
- Coordinates with faculty teaching in the course.
- Provides mentoring to ensure clinical faculty are following
- Assumes responsibility and promptly replies and follows-up with
course concerns and issues.
- Accurately and fairly enforces course/Division policies.
- Regularly updates the Director and/or Dean on the status of the
- Academic Director
- Factors: Academic Director. Please assign Overall Rating in
accordance with the factors listed below.
- Supports the development, evaluation and revision of curricular
and pedagogical aspects of the academic program.
- Ensures the program is compliant with all accreditation
requirements and reports; coordinates program accreditation
- Accurately and fairly enforces policies; assumes responsibility
for resolving student questions and concerns.
- Collaborates with Dean and program faculty in the review,
revision and development of policies.
- Identifies qualified personnel for clinical and didactic
instruction; supervises performance and assists in professional
- Facilitates communication among the college, clinical
affiliates, professional organizations and the community.
- Coordinates with the Dean on supervising program faculty
including faculty workloads, recruiting, appointment, separation,
evaluation, goal setting and professional development.
- Collaborates with the Dean in the development and
implementation of a program assessment plan (student and program
- Collaborates with College constituents to support program
marketing, recruitment, admission, advising and retention efforts
to ensure enrollment goals and fiscal performance goals are
- Serves as a liaison with relevant professional associations and
state and national regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Represents the Program at institutional and programmatic events
and ceremonies and serves on various college committees.
- In coordination with Dean, assumes responsibility for effective
financial management of the program.
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Omaha , Associate Professor Nursing Director - BSN Program, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!