Director of Healthcare
Company: Heritage Communities
Posted on: November 22, 2021
If the thought of sitting at a desk all day, surrounded by four
walls makes your skin crawl---read on! At Heritage Communities, our
team members move fast throughout each day providing care to active
seniors who need a little extra help in their lives. Our retirement
communities are different from nursing homes, as we serve active
seniors. Our goal is to help residents remain as independent as
possible, while building in time for associates to have regular
interaction and conversation with residents, in addition to their
primary tasks. Relationships matter to us. If relationships are
important to you, we invite you to consider joining our team!Job
SummaryThe Director of Healthcare is responsible for the
leadership, management and oversight of healthcare services and
programs that caregivers provide to residents. The incumbent
manages a team of caregivers and ensures superior resident care,
complies with company policies, local, state and federal
regulations and supports the advancement of our business strategy.
The Director of Healthcare champions a positive culture that
focuses on our core values of Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun
for residents and associates.Essential Job Duties and
- Inspire caregiver team to provide excellent resident care and
achieve operational excellence and census goals and financial
- Cultivate a positive, inclusive culture through demonstrated
behaviors that are aligned with our Core Values of Compassion,
Respect, Trust and Fun.
- Establish and evolve positive relationships with residents,
families, associates, OnCare Home Health, regulatory agencies,
vendors and third-party providers.
- Proactively lead, direct and oversee caregivers in accordance
with company expectations and local, state and federal standards
and regulations. Readies associates and community for inspection by
regulatory agencies through regular quality assessments, completing
corrective actions, accurate and current record keeping practices,
policy compliance, emergency preparedness, etc.
- Implement operational processes, procedures and best practices
that meet state requirements and ensure consistent processes are
applied throughout the community.
- Effectively identify, investigate, navigate and resolve
resident, employee, management and operational issues.
- Ensure caregiver team is sufficiently staffed with highly
engaged and trained associates. Network, recruit, hire, onboard,
train, develop, supervise and performance manage associates in
accordance with company policies.
- Facilitate regular meetings and conversations with residents
and family members to discuss needs, services and progress.
- Ensure proper record keeping practices for caregiver team
including certifications, scheduling, training and annual
performance and wage reviews.
- Assess and monitor staff in-service training needs, facilitate
or plan in-service training accordingly. Ensure caregivers are
well-trained, knowledgeable and competent in performance of job
- Oversee and monitor supply inventory, department budget,
overtime and staff scheduling to ensure operational efficiencies
- Meet with prospective families or residents, coordinate
resident move-in's and facilitate new resident orientations.
- Conduct resident assessments prior to admission and on an
on-going basis to ensure the physical, mental, psychological,
social and spiritual needs of each resident are met. Update
resident Service Agreements as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate and complete services plans, medication
records and files for each resident.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary and hazard-free community environment
through the prevention of accidents, preservation of equipment and
safe work practices.
- Ensure caregiver associates are well-informed about community
and company news, information, activities, policies/procedures,
- As a member of the community leadership team, the incumbent
will serve as on-call contact on a rotating basis.Supervisory
- Direct supervision of community caregiver team and serves as a
community leader.Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a senior living or related industry
supervisory or leadership role.
- Must hold state required active healthcare licensure and
acceptable record (RN or LPN).
- 2+ years of experience providing care to cognitive and
memory-care residents or patients preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and acceptable driving
record.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups
including colleagues, clients and various business contacts at
various levels ranging from front-line employees to senior
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team that champions a culture of
Compassion, Trust, Respect and Fun and operates in the spirit and
advocacy for our seniors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to navigate challenging and ambiguous situations involving
emotions or conflict.
- Creative problem solving, negotiation and persuasion
- Possess operational knowledge of all departments of a senior
living community including operations, sales and marketing, dining
services, life enrichment, environmental services, maintenance,
human resources, etc.
- Ability to manage detailed, complex concepts and problems and
make sound decisions regarding residents, families, associates or
other administrative issues.
- Strong technical skills with knowledge of business software
programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain confidential and privileged information
that involves HIPPA, residents, associates.Work EnvironmentWork
takes place in a typical office environment equipped with a
computer, phone and other office supplies. Work may also take place
in the outdoor environment.Position may also involve exposure to
latex, infections and communicable diseases.Physical
RequirementsMust be able to assist residents with limited mobility,
move equipment or materials and lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
intermittently throughout the day.#HP123
Keywords: Heritage Communities, Omaha , Director of Healthcare, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!