Special Projects Division Project Manager
Company: Turner Construction
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position Description: Overall day-to-day project responsibility,
including operations, budget, client relations, safety and
staffing. Reports to: Special Projects/Interiors Division (SPD)
Senior Project Manager (SPM) or Project Executive Essential Duties
- Participate in new project pursuits in support of Business
- Must have complete understanding of the owner contract for the
project and risk mitigation measures and ensure that the project
team is aware of them.
- Manage preconstruction activities (Estimating, Operations Plan,
Scheduling) as necessary.
- May be responsible for bidding, scope review, and awards of
- Ensure subcontracts, Purchase Orders (POs) and change orders
are reviewed and accurate.
- Perform all required engineering duties and responsibilities,
including Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC).
- Responsible for the change order process (subcontractor and
- Work with the Superintendent and Safety Director on
implementing the safety program.
- Manage and develop staff as assigned, including providing input
on performance evaluations.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements
at all times.
- Develop relationships with owners, subcontractors and
- Work with Accounting to initiate Pay Application process and
follow up to ensure payment is received in a timely manner.
- Participate in development of schedule and sequencing of work.
Ensure trade contractors have the latest schedule and are
contractually tied thereto.
- Review, validate and manage the project financials.
- Manage closeout process. Job Requirements:Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of two to five years of formal
engineering architectural training and/or building construction
experience required or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience. Knowledge of construction cost,
scheduling, estimating and engineering principles and techniques,
as well as accounting principles. Familiar with various
construction methods and materials, their characteristics,
installation procedures and tolerances. Strong computer skills and
familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Very strong
verbal and written communications skills are a must. Physical
Demands: Performance of the duties will occasionally require
physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger
use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and
negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job
requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or
controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to
50 pounds. Work Environment: While performing the duties of this
job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work
site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high
precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather
conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work
environments is usually moderate to very loud. *May perform other
duties as assigned. Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer------
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity.------ VEVRAA Federal ContractorTurner
is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities
/ females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual
orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: Turner Construction, Omaha , Special Projects Division Project Manager, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!