Patient Financial Services Manager
Company: Cass Health - Patient Financial Services
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position SummaryThe Patient Financial Services Manager is
responsible for managing and providing guidance for the areas of
prior authorization, financial counseling, estimates, and the
collection processes. The Patient Financial Services Manager also
collaborates with leadership for recommendations on continued
improvements of the financial health of the institution.Education
and Experience Requirements:
- Education in business, healthcare, or related field. Experience
in healthcare revenue cycle may be considered in lieu of
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service skills when
responding to questions and other inquiries from internal and
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and to
effectively anticipate and respond to issues as needed in a dynamic
- Ability to use PC based office productivity tools (e.g.
Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel) as necessary; general computer
skills necessary to work effectively in an office environment.
- Experience with prior authorizations for medical testing,
treatments, and procedures, preferred.
- Knowledge of coding (CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10), preferred.Job
- Manage the operations of patient financial services department,
supervises prior authorization, financial counseling, estimates,
and collection processes.
- Establishes policies/procedures and implements measurable
- Maintains knowledge of prior authorization requirements from
all insurance companies and assists in researching prior
authorization requirements for new services to be provided within
the health system. Identifies and communicates with medical staff
when authorization requirements change.
- Utilizes various means of communication, such as telephone, fax
and web-based programs to collaborate with insurance companies,
worker's compensation carriers, medical providers' offices,
pharmacies and other pertinent entities in obtaining coverage
information and prior authorization approvals for medical testing,
treatments and procedures. Documenting interactions with insurance
companies related to prior authorization approvals for medical
testing, treatments, and procedures.
- Assists with the analysis and resolution of billing and
collection problems, such as disputed bills, improper payments, and
difficult patient relations problems.
- Support financial counseling staff with patient estimates.
- Maintain knowledge of collection practices.
- Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of federal and state
legislative action affecting reimbursements. Educates self and
staff to stay current on reimbursement and billing issues.
Participate in committees and councils.
- Develops and manages operating and capital budget for Patient
Financial Services department.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.EEO/AAP Statement:Cass
Health provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals
regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local
Keywords: Cass Health - Patient Financial Services, Omaha , Patient Financial Services Manager, Executive , Atlantic, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!