INVENTORY CONTROL MANAGER in BLAIR, NE
Company: Dollar General Corporation
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. - by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're
still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at
Manages and administers the overall inventory control, inventory
flow, and inventory accuracy processes for the distribution center.
Responsible for the analysis and publication of inventory reports
in addition to measuring and monitoring the cycle counting
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Maintains/exceeds all inventory accuracy goals
* Publishes reports, analyzes data, tracks performance by area, and
determines problems and root causes; communicates results and
recommends appropriate action.
* Coordinates all functions of the statistical-based cycle counting
and estimated statistical sampling
* Maintains system data integrity.
* Ensures that date-sensitive products are checked for expiration,
quantities are correct, and exceptions are handled for timely
movement of goods.
* Sets up and/or changes the stock keeping unit (SKU) in the
strategic pick location.
* Ensures all cycle counts are scheduled and counting is completed
timely, accurately, and in compliance with standard operating
* Performs process or system testing as required to ensure accurate
adjustments and program measurement.
* Leads Mid-Year and Year End Inventory reconciliation
* Monitors and maintains proper documentation for "Return to
* Develop budget and monitor expenses
* Analyze data to determine trends and staffing requirements
* Monitor processes for Customs and S.O.P compliances
* Monitor transfer process to ensure variances are resolved
* Ensure that vendor Non-Compliance issues are reported to the
Import Group with supporting documentation.
* Ensure the destruction of merchandise is secured an inventoried
for accuracy and Customs compliance.
* Monitor and maintain adequate trailer pool
* Ensure that containers are unloaded in a timely manner to
eliminate detention charges
* Ensure timely delivery of imports items to all DC's
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
* Two years' experience in inventory control systems.
* Thorough knowledge of distribution center operations
* Through knowledge of customs regulations preferred.
* Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution
center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Dollar General Corporation, Omaha , INVENTORY CONTROL MANAGER in BLAIR, NE, Executive , Blair, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!