Direct Support Manager
Company: Durham Staffing Solutions
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Our client is seeking a Direct Support Manager to join their
growing team. The selected team member will be responsible for
supervising two truck drivers, five agency employees, and around
fifteen individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the Direct
Support Manager will be tasked with assuring quality delivery of
community-based services. Essential Job Duties
- Managers are responsible for direct supervision of on average
four to ten direct support professionals whose responsibilities are
to provide hands on support to the people receiving services by the
- Possess a positive attitude and mentor employees in a manner
that they feel valued and respected.
- Assure that people s needs are met, while taking a team
approach to do so in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Assist with managing location fiscal budget.
- Work with coordinators and DSP s to ensure accurate billing
data for location; including but not limited to:
- Ensuring daily attendance is entered.
- Monitor monthly attendance for all services provide to ensure
billing does not result in repayment to the state.
- Stay apprised of funding levels of all people and notify
Coordinator of any changes. Be aware of the impact the funding
levels have on staffing.
- Assist with building and fostering a culture that:
- Empowers direct reports to think outside the box while meeting
- Tempers high expectations for job performance with
- Holds people accountable with respect, ensuring HR
documentation is completed.
- Allows for transparent communication.
- Requires people to participate in projects and areas of need,
regardless of job title.
- Manage employee schedules; ensuring appropriate levels of
support for each location. Will use out of the box strategies to
recruit and keep the best candidates for open positions.
- Consistently communicate with leader of the sub pool employees
to cover planned vacancies.
- Works as part of a team to foster creativity throughout
location and area for growth, business development and
- Ensure all team decisions are implemented as agreed upon and
habilitation goals meet SMART criteria prior to
- Assure that Agency policies and procedures are adhered to
including but not limited to abuse and neglect, financial
documentation, and human resources.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with all people at a
location. Be an active part including being physically present at
all locations managed.
- Establish and maintain consistent lines of communication with
- Promote a proactive approach when facing change.
- Assure that people are active in meaningful activities in their
community, in line with the HCBS ruling.
- Actively participate in meeting goals set forth in the Agency
- Willing to be flexible with schedule and put in the necessary
time to ensure superior service delivery.
- Able to work independently and in a self-directed manner.
- A high school diploma or GED required. Undergraduate degree in
one of the Social Sciences is preferred.
- Minimum of one year paid experience in a community-based
program working with persons with developmental disabilities.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid driver s license,
pass a driving record check, and depending on Agency needs be
required to have available an automobile with required state
insurance coverage for purposes of transporting persons in
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite and all Agency
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, walk, sit, stand,
climb, push, carry, and grasp.
Keywords: Durham Staffing Solutions, Omaha , Direct Support Manager, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!