OmahaNERecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Omaha jobs

Event and Engagement Manager

Company: Kimmel Orchard & Vineyard
Location: Nebraska City
Posted on: November 25, 2022

Job Description:

*Event and Engagement Manager Job Description*

Kimmel Orchard and Vineyard Educational Foundation, Inc. are seeking an Event and Engagement Manager to advance its non-profit mission of education and social entrepreneurship. This mission-critical position includes the development of effective teams, partnerships with funders, and engagement with community stakeholders. The successful candidate must be a motivated, self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively as part of an integrated leadership team. This position serves as a member of the management team and reports to the Managing Director, Board President, Vice President, and Board of Directors.

*Required Qualifications: *

We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader who can successfully grow our non-profit organization, which relies on both a healthy orchard operation and numerous partnerships. The ideal candidate must possess a combination of hospitality, business, and retail acumen including but not limited to:

Extensive work experience leading and managing people in a hospitality and/or retail setting.

Hospitality, business, marketing, and social media savvy translate into positive outcomes, such as increasing engagement and educational opportunities.

Ability to create activity reports with quantifiable results. Update and maintain records.

Comfortable giving tours and speaking to groups.

Working knowledge of basic computer programs and platforms.

Knowledge of basic accounting skills.

Valid driver's license and clean driving record (some local travel is required).

*Preferred Qualifications: *

Degree or equivalent in a related field

Bilingual skills

Experience networking and developing partnerships with key stakeholders

*Strategic Responsibilities: *

Entrepreneurial leadership plans and actions, in partnership with the board, that support Kimmel Orchard's non-profit educational, social, historical, and environmental mission areas.

Day-to-day oversight of Historic Kimmel Orchard & Vineyard Educational Foundation's efforts to maintain and grow capacity for outreach and education.

Creating a culture of innovation, inclusion, communication, trust, and safety by coaching, leading, and managing diverse employees and teams

Accountability and impact assessment through goal setting, data collecting, and reporting to board members and key stakeholders.

Coordinating educational programming, community engagement, and sales operations through the management and coordination of teams, employees, and volunteers

Compensation commensurate with experience.

Benefits offered include:

Competitive health insurance package through Blue Cross Blue Shield. Kimmel Orchard & Vineyard will pay 80% of the employee's monthly premium and the employee will have the remaining 20% taken from their bi-monthly paychecks, pre-tax. Employees also have the option to add dependents to their insurance plan but are responsible for 100% of the premiums for those additional dependents.

Kimmel Orchard and Vineyard offer employees the option to participate in a Simple IRA plan. Eligibility to participate in the plan begins January 1, of the year following the employee's hire date. Kimmel contributes to the plan at their discretion.

Job Types: Part-time, Full-time

Pay: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year

Benefits:
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
Schedule:
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability

Experience:
* Events management: 1 year (Required)
* Customer service: 1 year (Required)

Work Location: One location%58047475%

Keywords: Kimmel Orchard & Vineyard, Omaha , Event and Engagement Manager, Executive , Nebraska City, Nebraska

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category
within


Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Nebraska jobs by following @recnetNE on Twitter!

Omaha RSS job feeds