Senior Director Regulatory Affairs
Company: Conagra Brands
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are looking for a Senior Director of Regulatory Affairs to
join our R&D team in either of our corporate offices located in
Omaha or Chicago!Reporting to the Vice President, Scientific &
Regulatory Affairs, the Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs leads
the company in managing regulatory issues and opportunities that
arise from both scientific and business perspectives. Manages two
Directors and a total of 8 team members, plus substantial influence
across other functions, to promote a strong regulatory and
compliance culture, while maintaining and improving communication
and company standing with domestic and international regulatory
agencies and associations. - Evaluates and manages new regulatory
requirements and customer expectations on chemical ingredients and
contaminants. - Participates in external industry forums,
associations, and partnerships to support mitigation and management
of relevant issues. - Identifies, develops, and directs projects,
programs, and/or processes to leverage regulations to the benefit
of the company. Works cross-functionally and communicates with all
relevant groups on regulatory topics of importance. Takes a lead
role in identification, development, and implementation of
strategic domestic and international regulatory initiatives. Leads
regulatory projects independently and is able to influence
departmental and company-wide personnel to achieve results in a
highly matrixed organization. Identifies and addresses potential
regulatory risks to the company, as well as risk management
strategies and solutions.Position Responsibilities:
- Champions a robust regulatory and compliance culture of food
safety first across the enterprise.
- Manages, mentors, and develops team of 8+ regulatory
professionals, including two Director level reports.
- Influences and mentors non-departmental leadership and staff on
matters of regulatory importance.
- Leads and collaborates with Commercial Readiness, Labeling,
Legal, Marketing, Sales, Quality, Food Safety, Purchasing,
Manufacturing, and others to ensure regulatory compliance to
protect human health, company and brand reputation, and shareholder
- Evaluates and manages new regulatory requirements and customer
expectations on chemical ingredients and contaminants.
- Assesses and proposes a regulatory framework to
institutionalize regulatory compliance (emphasis on chemical
hazards, novel claims of finished formula and ingredients, etc.).
- Provides a dedicated, dynamic scientific and regulatory horizon
scanning process map and future strategy to manage and mitigate
risk while ensuring business continuity.
- Maintains sufficient knowledge of products and associated
regulations to independently identify existing or evolving
regulatory risks and take proactive action to address these
- Provides regulatory leadership and answers compliance-related
questions regarding new and reformulated product concepts.
- Coordinates regulatory work associated with all food safety
risks, including microbiological, chemical, and physical
- Manages state and federal regulatory issues related to
- Leads cross functional teams to address current and emerging
regulatory issues and opportunities and related impact on products
and product technology.
- Develops regulatory strategies that enable corporate growth and
- Identifies, develops, and implements programs with minimal
guidance to improve efficiencies, speed, and quality of regulatory
responses and focuses staff activities to meet departmental and
business unit goals.
- Maintains in depth state-of-the-art knowledge of FDA, USDA,
EPA, and FTC regulations and works externally to help shape the
regulatory environment. - Coordinates international regulatory work
cross functionally with various support teams.
- Identifies, develops, and maintains external network of experts
who can be leveraged when challenging new regulatory compliance
issues confront the company.
- Provides leadership to guide others in developing technical
documentation required for product export.Position Qualifications
- Strong track record of leadership, direct supervision, and
development of a diverse team of regulatory professionals,
including the management of managers. -
- BS in Food Science, Microbiology, Toxicology, Chemistry, or
related field required; MS or PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of food industry regulatory experience
and people management required.
- Advanced knowledge of FDA, USDA, CFIA, Prop 65 regulations and
- Advanced knowledge of food product development and processes
and proven understanding of food safety.
- Able to work externally to help establish Conagra as respected
leaders in the external regulatory environment.
- Proven ability to lead multiple complex projects simultaneously
in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to research regulatory issues and lead/influence
- Ability to be persuasive, assertive, and influential while also
- Proactive and goal oriented in driving business growth.
- Detail oriented and highly self-motivated.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
(written and verbal).
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, Adobe and
- Ability to travel up to 25-50% of the time. -
- Position is to be based in Omaha or Chicago; typically, 2-3
days in office per week.We require applicants for this role to be
legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring
employer sponsorship either now or in the future.Our benefits
include medical, dental, vision, 15 vacation days, 6 additional
days off and 10 paid holidays. Check out our 401k plan too! Conagra
will match 100% up to the first 6% of pay you save. The company
will also provide a 3% non-elective contribution to your account
regardless of your participation (that's 9%)!Our Modern
Workplace:Conagra's culture of collaboration enhances our ability
to meet critical business goals, deliver value to customers and
consumers and provide you with the flexibility you need to achieve
a better work-life balance. We carefully consider each role and how
often each team member needs to collaborate in-person. Monday -
Thursday you will have flexibility for days you need to be in the
office. Fridays are remote.About our locations:Omaha: Located along
the Missouri River, our Omaha office is within walking distance to
downtown shops and restaurants. Join us for yoga or strength
training classes offered at the onsite fitness center. Don't forget
about the free popcorn too! Conagra's R&D facilities in Omaha
are state of the art, including a large super lab, open benchtop
space for prototype development, a top of the line culinary
kitchen, and pilot plant capabilities.Chicago: Located in the heart
of downtown Chicago, along the Chicago River, our Center for Food
Design is a unique and exciting 40,000 square foot innovation space
filled with state-of-the-art facilities and a team of enthusiastic
foodies that help bring food product insights and trends to
life.#LI-MH1#LI-HYBRID#LI-DirectorOur Benefits:We care about your
total well-being and will support you with the following, subject
to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid
life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and
stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules
(subject to your location and role)Our Company:Conagra Brands is
one of -North America's -leading branded food companies. We have a
rich heritage of making great food, and a team that's passionate
about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every
occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye -, -Marie
Callender's -, Banquet -, Healthy Choice -, Slim Jim -, Reddi-wip
-, and Vlasic -, and emerging brands, including Angie's -
BOOMCHICKAPOP -, Duke's -, Earth Balance -, Gardein -, and Frontera
-.We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and
inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit
-.Conagra Brands -is an equal opportunity employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race,
color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave
status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any
other characteristic or status protected by national, federal,
state or local law. ---
Keywords: Conagra Brands, Omaha , Senior Director Regulatory Affairs, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!