Director of Retail Sales
Company: Oriental Trading Co.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Join us at Oriental Trading, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, where
fun means business! -General Summary of Purpose:As our Director
Retail Sales, you will be responsible for formulating, directing
and overseeing all aspects of the Fun Express Retail & Wholesale
Sales organization including revenue and profitability goals, sales
strategy and policy, personnel maximization, strategic partnerships
and P&L responsibility. Maintains a high level of customer
satisfaction. -Essential Functions
- Provide overall leadership and strategic direction to the
Retail & Wholesale Sales organization.
- Manage and develop a team of Sales Professionals responsible
for delivering sales and profitability results, forecasting and
budgeting sales and expenses, negotiating contracts and overseeing
the personnel that manage the day to day needs of customers.
- Develops and implements an annual business plan and
corresponding sales and profit budget. Responsible for meeting or
exceeding budget on a monthly and annual basis.
- Develop and execute a strong competitive position in product,
price, promotion and service within business to business markets of
the Fun Express Division and new strategic markets for Oriental
- Grow sales in key business segments: Food/Grocery, Drug, Mass
Merchants, Party and Specialty Retailers (office, pet, wedding,
- Identify and penetrate new retail channels.
- Refine processes for tracking, measuring and evaluating key
- Regularly gathers, aggregates and communicates accurate sales
forecasts from assigned Sales Representatives.
- On a quarterly basis, develop sku-level product demand
forecasts for Supply Chain/Sourcing teams to ensure product is
available as necessary to satisfy projected customer needs.
- Align and continually reassess priorities with business goals
for both Fun Express and Oriental Trading Company.
- Understands the competition and develops a competitive edge
through executing short and long term strategies.
- Oversees the development, implementation and coordination of
year-long customer programs including creation of point of purchase
material and packaging and assists in creating the marketing
strategy for target customers.
- Oversees the coordination and the preparation of tradeshows by
selecting the products to be displayed, preparing all literature
and giveaways, designing promotional mailings, advertisements, and
signs and shipping out product samples and exhibit materials.
- Customizes customer programs and developing product for larger
- Ensures optimal usage & training of Fun Express software tools
used by the sales organization.
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little
- Work requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and
- Prepares yearly sales and marketing plan by analyzing last
year's sales results and determining the strategy needed to reach
the goals for the upcoming year
- Visits customers, as needed, to present product lines, observe
their operations and promote customer relations.
- Identify market needs and work with Executive Management team
to provide profitable solutions within the scope of the strengths
of the business
- Develops product assortments and specialized packaging to meet
the customer's specifications, and to satisfy the requirements of
new markets and business channels.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned or as
the situation dictates.Here's what you need to join the
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Sales Management,
Communications, Marketing, Business, related field or equivalent
combination of education and experience.Experience
- Minimum of ten years work experience in Sales or Sales
Management (Sales Management preferred)
- Experience with planning & planogramming - inline, point of
purchase displays and an excellent understanding and experience
with retail buyer needs and strategy as it pertains to the sell in
- Thorough understanding of the presentation calendar of the
various retail buy and ship windows.
- Requires experience selling licensed & proprietary items.
- Experience managing manufacturer's reps in FDM marketsOther
Qualifications & Physical Requirements
- Requires creative toy ideation.
- Ability to present items to buyers with authority - ability to
convincingly convey features & benefits of an item, how the items
are to be merchandised and knowledge & analysis of point of sale
data to help with sale an item.
- Deep understanding of large scale Food, Drug, Mass Merchants
and Specialty retail channels.
- Ability to work independently and resourcefully, both
internally and externally.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written
- Ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others
- Ability to handle customers in a professional and courteous
- Ability to operate a PC and various spreadsheet and software
- Ability to initiate negotiations and enforce agreements with
- Ability to display creativity and business sense to obtain
optimum presentation of product line through continued sales
- Ability to work independently under pressure to meet priority
- Ability to perform job duties in a safe mannerAll work and no
play just isn't our style. Join us today!To apply in less than ten
minutes click the "Apply" button or view a complete list of our
current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com ATTENTION: If you
are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information
and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the
application process.Oriental Trading Company
(www.orientaltrading.com ), is the nation's largest direct retailer
of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, toys and
novelties, and a leading provider of teaching supplies and
affordable home d--cor and giftware. Founded in 1932 by a Japanese
American, the Oriental Trading' history of fun spans the better
part of the last century. Today, Oriental Trading offers more than
60,000 products to individuals, teachers, schools, churches,
businesses andnonprofits. With a corporate vision to "Make Life
More Fun," Oriental Trading (a Berkshire Hathaway company) spreads
joy and smiles to millions each year through a robust family of
brands; Oriental Trading, Fun Express, MindWare, SmileMakers,
Morris Costumes and halloweenexpress.com .
Keywords: Oriental Trading Co., Omaha , Director of Retail Sales, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...