Loan Operations Manager
Company: Security National Bank of Omaha
Posted on: March 19, 2023
s a family-owned business that spans five decades and three
generations since 1964, we value relationships, supporting each
other s unique differences. We understand the importance of
personal belonging which is why you ll hear our employees talk
about being part of the SNB family. Now, more than ever, as we ve
expanded our roots into new markets, it s the prime time to join
our growing team. As a community bank, we offer comprehensive
financial solutions for personal, business, and private banking,
treasury management, wealth management and mortgage needs in
Nebraska, Iowa, and Texas. We have 10 convenient full-service
branch locations in the Omaha and Council Bluffs as well as
full-service branches in the Jordan Creek area of West Des Moines
and in uptown Dallas. Learn more about our story at or visit us on
LinkedIn and Facebook. JOB SUMMARY This position is responsible for
managing the commercial and consumer loan processing documentation
team, as well as the daily operations of loan processing and loan
document imaging staff. In addition, the role provides oversight in
compliance with Bank policies, procedures, and regulations with a
focus on accurate, timely and enforceable documents, along with
continuous monitoring and enhancing of processes and training.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Loan Documentation Subject Matter Expert
- Ensures compliance with Bank policies, procedures, and
regulations - with a focus on preventing violations and
- Builds and develops the skills of staff to independently
prepare the vast majority of all loan and credit card documents,
including loan coding for accurate reporting purposes and other
loan administration processes.
- Trains new staff and assists with ongoing training of existing
staff as needed.
- Promptly reports noncompliance to the Director of Loan
- Provides input for improving efficiencies within the department
and assist with documenting & validating procedures. Manage Pre- &
Post-Closing Loan Review (25%)
- Ensures legal and regulatory rules & regulations are
- Ensures a post-close compliance review process is completed to
test for compliance with bank policies, procedures and regulations
with weekly reporting of any findings.
- Based on the compliance review findings, works with
stakeholders to revise forms & procedures, as necessary, and
follow-up with personnel on training opportunities noted. System
Administrator for Loan Documentation Software (20%)
- Maintains a high level of expertise of the LaserPro loan
documentation software through training and other resources.
- Acts as administrator of LaserPro and Fiserv systems.
- Stays informed on all release updates and assist with
implementation of new products templates, changes, testing,
- Researches and follows-up with vendors as needed to resolve
questions or issues. Regulatory Compliance (15%)
- Researches, documents and maintains on-going regulatory
compliance of all key processes for business unit.
- Evaluates, develops and communicates business unit policies and
procedures and ensure they are current.
- Leads the process for self-monitoring of compliance.
- Builds and enhances relationships with business areas, in
particular Compliance and Internal Audit, to resolve any issues and
maintain compliance of processes and procedures in business
- Generates preparation and responses for business unit on
Internal Audits, Compliance Reviews and regulatory issues in
collaboration business unit, leaders and bank s compliance and
internal audit departments.
- Manages risk assessments related to regulatory compliance
working with assigned subject matter experts.
- Coordinates and facilitates regular, on-going training of
business unit staff related to compliance, policies and procedures.
- Manages employees within department including but not limited
to recruiting and hiring, training, coaching and development,
holding regular check-in meetings, delegating work assignments,
conducting timely quarterly/annual performance reviews, providing
salary recommendations, and administering corrective actions as
needed. Performs other duties as required and assigned. KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills to be able to effectively train
team members (one on one), to complete loan administration duties,
in compliance with established processes and procedures.
- Highly proficient user of LaserPro, including LaserPro
administration, to be able to prepare pre-closing disclosures and
all related loan documentation for all loan types including: real
estate secured, consumer, construction, & commercial loans, and
assist with implementation of new product templates, changes,
testing and release updates.
- Proficient with navigation of Fiserv Premier and Director, to
research and resolve internal and external customer inquiries,
process monetary transactions, and ability to calculate finance
- Solid understanding of loan administration including:
documentation, perfection, collateral filings, title work, UCCs,
flood requirements & exception resolution.
- Knowledge of compliance regulations, including but not limited
to: FLOOD, HMDA, CIP, RESPA & TIL.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel to be able to work with and
create spreadsheets, understand formulas, and prepare reports.
- Ability to complete required training by assigned due date
- Ability to maintain predictable and reliable attendance
- A bachelor s degree in finance, accounting or related business
field or equivalent banking experience. EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of experience preparing loan disclosures and
documentation for all loan types, including real estate secured
loans, with additional experience in lending and/or regulatory
- Prior supervisory experience preferred. Equivalent education
and experience will be considered AFFIRMATIVE ACTION Security
National Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Security National Bank of Omaha, Omaha , Loan Operations Manager, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...