Procurement and Contracts Manager
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Position Title : Procurement & Contracts Manager
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Manager of Procurement and
Contracts provides supervision of procurement staff, as well as
ensures the timely, cost-efficient, and legally compliant
procurement of goods and services for Metro. Responsibilities
include professional preparation of competitive solicitation
documents, compliance with state and federal procurement
regulations and Metro purchasing policies and procedures, contract
management and administration, and maintenance of procurement
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and as
Salary: $66,456 $81,224
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Job Duties and Functions, include but not limited to:
- Supervises and oversees procurement staff and daily
- Ensures procurements are compliant with Metro s policies and
procedures, as well as state and federal regulations.
- Reviews requests, justifications, and specifications from staff
for the acquisition of goods and services for content, clarity, and
compliance. Provides best procurement practices consultation to
project managers and staff.
- Leads the planning, development, and execution of Request for
Proposals (RFPs), Invitation for Bids (IFBs), Request for Quotes
(RFQs), and Request for Information (RFIs) including the evaluation
criteria and preparation of packages for advertising, printing, and
- Conducts pre-bid and pre-proposal meetings.
- Receives bids and proposals. Acts as chairperson on
bid/proposal evaluation, negotiations, and award recommendations.
Prepares award letters and implements contracts.
- Responds to procurement protests using established procedures
- Responsible for contract management and administration
activities after award, including, but not limited to, attending
progress meetings; managing schedules and payments; monitoring
compliance with Davis-Bacon Act; monitoring performance in
accordance with federal clauses, Disadvantage Business Enterprise
(DBE) and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) requirements, contract
terms and conditions; and contract closeout. Consults with Metro s
Legal Director regarding contract review, modifications, and
- Reviews and approves invoices and payments.
- Negotiates, approves and prepares change orders, task orders,
and contract modifications.
- Briefs management and the Board of Directors on procurement
activities and presentations as applicable.
- Coordinates with Metro s Grant/Finance Administrator on
procurement activities to assist with the completion of quarterly
reports for the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
- Prepares and maintains all procurement-related reports,
records, and data.
- Works with the DBE Liaison Officer to ensure that DBE
regulatory requirements are incorporated into procurement
activities. Prepares and submits semi-annual DBE reports to the
Federal Transit Administration (FTA). Provides monitoring of prompt
payments to DBE subcontractors.
- Regular and predictable attendance and performance of essential
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s degree or above in accounting, finance, business
administration, public administration, planning, or a closely
related field. Minimum of one year of professional work experience
with grant administration, contract administration, and/or
procurement strongly preferred. Procurement experience should
include formal procurements with federal funds. Additional relevant
professional work experience may substitute for a degree.
- Experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting procedures,
policies, and governmental regulations.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills in preparing
professional documents, reports, and correspondence.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and
knowledge of mathematical concepts.
- Proficient use of computers and working knowledge of Microsoft
- Positive attitude and ability to work independently and
cooperatively with other employees.
- Good attendance record and work history.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, and
complete background check. Metro considers applicants for all
positions without regard to race, color, sex, ethnicity, national
origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran s
status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, or any
other protected basis prohibited by law .
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Metro, Omaha , Procurement and Contracts Manager, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...