Admission & Bed Management Coordinator - Transfer Center - Part Time - 24hrs/week
Company: Methodist Health System
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Why work for Nebraska Methodist Health System?
At Nebraska Methodist Health System, we focus on providing
exceptional care to the communities we serve and people we employ.
We call it The Meaning of Care - a culture that has and will
continue to set us apart. It's helping families grow by making each
delivery special, conveying a difficult diagnosis with a
compassionate touch, going above and beyond for a patient's needs,
or giving a high five when a patient beats a disease or conquers a
personal health challenge. We offer competitive pay, excellent
benefits and a great work environment where all employees are
valued! Most importantly, our employees are part of a team that
makes a real difference in the communities we live and work in.
Manage patient transfers from internal and external facilities,
patient admission and bed capacity, throughput to acute care
assigned locations to ensure timely assignments based on available
Essential Job Functions
1. Clinical Knowledge and Technical Requirements
- Knowledge of, understanding of, and experience with software
applications and communication platforms.
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities and set/meet
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
including effective interpersonal skills with ability to interact
with all levels of health care end users.
- Ability to build and maintain customer satisfaction through
collaboration, communication and consistent service.
- Ability to modify work behavior and work activities in response
to new information, changing conditions or unexpected
- Ability to keep current on issues, practices and processes
related to patient transfer and bed management.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to analyze, define,
manage and resolve user application and process issues/concerns/
problems, organize work and determine best course of action.
- Knowledge of clinical processes & workflows to facilitate
transfer, admission and bed placement
- Knowledge and understanding of process automation tools
- Accustomed to working in a complex, team-oriented,
collaborative environment 2. Transfer, Admission, Bed, and
- Act professionally and responsible with resources.
- Coordinate and communicate for timely transfers/admissions with
internal hospitals, internal clinics, outside clinics and referring
- Ensure patient transfer data is collected in a complete and
- Assure patient is admitted to the correct level of care.
- Continuously monitor bed availability and turnover.
- Ensure patients meet admission criteria for each unit
- Communicate with staff throughout the facility regularly.
- Follow physician suspension protocol
- Participate in daily bed huddle and initiate and lead emergency
bed huddle as needed.
- Coordinate with housekeeping supervisor to prioritize bed
- Ensure patients meet admission criteria for each unit and bed
- Understanding of and utilize the vital sign policy.
- Determine how to best accommodate the safety and needs of the
- Communicate frequently with the internal departments and
- Limit overnight stay in (ED) and (PACU).
- Ensure that patient bed assignments are made to meet goal of 20
- Ensure patient transfer/admission is completed to meet goal of
- Monitor significant and unresolved variation in bed placement.
3. Business and Customer Relations
- Interacts with customers in a professional and courteous
- Initiates regular interaction with business and stakeholders to
- Recognizes and practices a selfless approach to customer
service towards our own team, the division, and our customers.
- Displays exemplary customer service skills in difficult
- Keeps stakeholders informed on status of all activities on a
frequent, regular and timely basis.
- Functions as a liaison between customers in various
- Works with customers to understand business process as it
relates to the bed management and transfer processes 4. Teamwork
- Updates documentation in application software as indicated
- Defines and implements procedures established for the
- Defines, develops, and implements procedures for application
maintenance and improvement.
- Shares responsibilities and knowledge with any/all team
members, and learns from them in return.
- Displays enthusiasm for being involved in team efforts and
builds trust within the team.
- Accepts and fosters the idea of "one team" across the
- Maintains effective correspondence and in-person communication
in all situations with managers, customers, and team members. 5.
Growth, Initiative, Research and Development
- Actively engages in identifying training opportunities and
works with manager to coordinate.
- Promotes and supports initiative within the team.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and ability to work with minimal
- Consistently looks for and takes initiative to increase the
quality of the work done by the team.
- Focuses on "can" rather than "cannot".
- Maintains/updates knowledge in technical applications and
industry best practice.
24 hours per week - Preferred availability of ay time hours
(between 7a-7P) with a weekend rotation. Combination of 8 and 12
- Bachelor's degree in health care, business or related field or
relevant equivalent work experience required. Experience
- Minimum 3 years health care experience required.
- Bed management experience preferred. License/Certifications
- Current valid Registered Nurse (RN) license, valid compact
multistate license to work, or a temporary permit while awaiting
- If licensed, must maintain current active license.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively
communicate and interact with patients, family members, hospital
personnel, and co-workers.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to learn, retain and utilize computer skills that are
required for department and hospital information systems.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve. Physical
- Medium Light Work - Exerting up to 35 pounds of force.Physical
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Seeing/VisualJob Hazards
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses)
(Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat
Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared
and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Rare (1-33%):
- Equipment/Machinery/Tools About Methodist:
Nebraska Methodist Health System is made up of four hospitals in
Nebraska and southwest Iowa, more than 30 clinic locations, a
nursing and allied health college, and a medical supply
distributorship and central laundry facility. From the day
Methodist Hospital was chartered in 1891, service to our
communities has been a top priority. Financial assistance, health
education, outreach to our diverse communities and populations, and
other community benefit activities have always been central to our
Nebraska Methodist Health System is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by Federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Omaha , Admission & Bed Management Coordinator - Transfer Center - Part Time - 24hrs/week, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...