Senior Manager Data Engineering
Company: Physicians Mutual
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Physicians Mutual Enterprise Technology Group has a leadership
opportunity to lead multiple teams as a Senior Manager Data
Engineering. This position provides senior level leadership for
software engineering and is responsible for the software design,
integration, and deployment of the enterprise's overall systems.
- Lead highly talented engineering teams and development of
system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required
integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
- Researches, identifies, selects, and tests services &
integrations required for data solution delivery.
- Drive and establish best development practices such as
DevSecOps, CICD, Application Resiliency/Failover/Fault Tolerance,
Application Security, Microservices etc.
- Establishes, implements, and documents the technology
integration or migration strategies.
- Provides governance and oversight as a senior member of the
Architecture Review Board.
- The position requires staying on top of the industry trends and
new technologies for our technology stack.
- Hires and develops staff and manages budgets, as needed.
- Manage day today development activities, escalation, production
support and release.
- Own outcomes of engineering, execution, and delivery of
- Assist and participate in department's quarterly planning,
team's sprint planning, story sizing, story grooming, sprint
- Bridge communication with other release train managers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or
equivalent experience is required.
- 10+ years IT experience in system design and integration
- 3 years of leadership experience at leading and developing
multiple highly skilled development teams.
- Strong Diagnostic and Analytical Capabilities.
- Excellent written and Oral Communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of REST API design, Python, PySpark, ETL/ELT
architecture, Data Integration & Analytic Methodologies, Data
Modeling (ERD) & Machine Learning and Forecasting .
- Experience working with large data sets, leveraging distributed
computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Nutch, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microservices / containerized
applications, Docker Swarm Or Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps, Pipeline setups, Automation,
- Experience with data in relational and No-SQL databases,
caching strategies etc.
- Working knowledge on Application Security, Cybersecurity,
Oauth2, OpenID etc.
- Progressive experience in new technology, programming and/or
application analysis, security/disaster recovery is required
- Knowledge of the process and concepts involved in systems
implementations, including conceptual design, work process
evaluation, cost assessment for development & implementation and
the full range of application programming & documentation is
- Previous Agile, Scrum or SAFe experience is required.
Participation in team's planning, story sizing, sprint retro
- Experience in managing vendor teams is a plus. Preferred:
- Insurance industry knowledge.
- Previous architecture experience. About Us: Health. Life.
Retirement. The Physicians Mutual family empowers people from all
walks of life to enjoy the financial security they deserve. That's
what Insurance for all of us is about.
The Physicians Mutual family includes Physicians Mutual Insurance
Company and Physicians Life Insurance Company. Physicians Mutual
Insurance Company offers reliable dental and supplemental health
insurance (and now, pet insurance!). Physicians Life Insurance
Company provides important Medicare Supplement and life insurance
coverage. The company additionally offers coverage for funeral
pre-planning to help meet the growing needs of funeral home owners
and the families they serve. Since our start in 1902, our
dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of
the nation's leading health and life insurance providers. In fact,
we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently
maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the
nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best
Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring we'll be there for our
policyowners and our employees far into the future. But the
achievement we're most proud of? We have a 95% customer approval
rating a true sign of a company dedicated to embodying its
Keywords: Physicians Mutual, Omaha , Senior Manager Data Engineering, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...