Senior Manager Software Engineering
Company: Physicians Mutual
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Physicians Mutual Enterprise Technology Group has a leadership
opportunity to lead multiple teams as a Senior Manager Software
Engineering. This position provides senior level leadership for
software engineering and is responsible for the software design,
integration, and deployment of the enterprises overall systems.
- Lead highly talented engineering teams and development of
system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required
integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
- Researches, identifies, selects, and tests services &
integrations required for solution delivery.
- Drive and establish best development practices such as
DevSecOps, CICD, Application Resiliency/Failover/Fault Tolerance,
Application Security, Microservices etc.
- Establishes, implements, and documents the technology
integration or migration strategies.
- Provides governance and oversight as a senior member of the
Architecture Review Board.
- The position requires staying on top of the industry trends and
new technologies for our technology stack.
- Hires and develops staff and manages budgets, as needed.
- Manage day today development activities, escalation, production
support and release.
- Own outcomes of engineering, execution, and delivery of
- Assist and Participate in department's quarterly planning,
team's sprint planning, story sizing, story grooming, sprint
- Bridge communication with other release train managers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or
equivalent experience is required.
- 10+ years IT experience in system design and integration
- 3 years of leadership experience at leading and developing
multiple highly skilled development teams.
- Strong Diagnostic and Analytical Capabilities.
- Excellent written and Oral Communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of REST API design, Java, Spring Boot, Event
Driven Architecture, Kafka and full-stack application
- Experience in Data persistence Specs & Frameworks such as JPA,
Hibernate, OpenJPA, Spring Data etc.
- Proficient in Web & Mobile development practice, Single Page
Apps (Angular/React/ReactNative), Bootstrap/Material, Redux,
- Working knowledge of Microservices / containerized
applications, Docker Swarm Or Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps, Pipeline setups, Automation,
- Experience with data in relational and No-SQL databases,
caching strategies etc.
- Working knowledge on Application Security, Cybersecurity,
Oauth2, OpenID etc.
- Progressive experience in new technology, programming and/or
application analysis, security/disaster recovery is required
- Knowledge of the process and concepts involved in systems
implementations, including conceptual design, work process
evaluation, cost assessment for development & implementation and
the full range of application programming & documentation is
- Previous Agile, Scrum or SAFe experience is required.
Participation in team's planning, story sizing, sprint retro
- Experience in managing vendor teams is a plus. Preferred:
- Insurance industry knowledge.
- Previous architecture experience. About Us: Health. Life.
Retirement. The Physicians Mutual family empowers people from all
walks of life to enjoy the financial security they deserve. That's
what Insurance for all of us is about. The Physicians Mutual family
includes Physicians Mutual Insurance Company and Physicians Life
Insurance Company. Physicians Mutual Insurance Company offers
reliable dental and supplemental health insurance (and now, pet
insurance!). Physicians Life Insurance Company provides important
Medicare Supplement and life insurance coverage. The company
additionally offers coverage for funeral pre-planning to help meet
the growing needs of funeral home owners and the families they
serve. Since our start in 1902, our dedication to delivering on our
promise has helped make us one of the nation's leading health and
life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of
insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest
financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance
analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring
we'll be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the
future. But the achievement we're most proud of? We have a 95%
customer approval rating a true sign of a company dedicated to
embodying its vision.
Keywords: Physicians Mutual, Omaha , Senior Manager Software Engineering, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...