VP of Accounting
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Equity & Relocation Available - High Growth - High Visibility -
Chance of a Lifetime!This Jobot Job is hosted by: Chelsea
PiekarskiAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
button and sending us your resume.Salary: $190,000 - $220,000 per
yearA bit about us:We are a high-growth, service-based organization
that has expanded from 100 locations to 300+ in the last three
years. We are pre-IPO and not slowing down any time soon. We are
expanding into a third vertical in the next year!Why join us?
- Progressive & Modern
- High Growth
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Schedule
- Free company services!Job DetailsOverview: The Vice President
of Accounting will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer
(CFO). This critical role combines the responsibilities of
technical accounting, operational leadership, and financial
reporting. The ideal candidate will possess technical expertise in
accounting matters, strong leadership skills, and the ability to
drive operational excellence.Responsibilities:1. Technical
Accounting & Financial Reporting:
- Play a lead role in SEC filings, ensuring timely and accurate
financial reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Demonstrate unsurpassed ability to analyze complex accounting
issues and provide actionable recommendations.
- Write detailed memos to document accounting decisions and
- Oversee the treasury function and maintain a solid internal
- Collaborate with outside firms on tax matters and ensure
accurate reporting/accounting for taxes.2. Operational Excellence:
- Lead the accounting team by mentoring, developing, and
fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Actively participate in knowledge sharing within the
accounting/finance team, providing on-the-job training.
- Drive process improvement initiatives and provide improvement
recommendations to the executive leadership team.
- Balance multiple complicated projects in a fast-paced
environment, exercising solid project management skills.3.
Leadership & Communication:
- Exhibit strong leadership presence, fostering teamwork and a
desire for continuous improvement.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all levels within
- Communicate effectively with an executive presence, both
verbally and in writing.
- Operate with integrity and good judgment, ensuring compliance
and adherence to the Corporate Code of Conduct.4. Team Development:
- Lead, mentor, and develop the accounting team, earning their
trust through a detailed understanding of processes, roles, and
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- CPA certification with a current license, or a willingness to
maintain a current license. (preferred)
- 3 years of experience in a similar role, including previous Big
4 public accounting experience or SEC reporting experience for a
- Extensive knowledge of SEC reporting and US GAAP.
- Strong technical accounting and research skills, including memo
- Understanding of treasury function and financial
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time
- Strong project management skills.
- Intermediate/advanced experience with Microsoft applications,
including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting systems; experience with
Microsoft Finance & Operations and Power BI a plus.Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance within
- Unlimited PTO.
- Paid holidays.
- 401k retirement plan with vested employer match.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Exceptional work environment.Interested in hearing more? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Omaha , VP of Accounting, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!