Director PM/PMO Business Technology
Company: Green Plains Inc.
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Job Category: Information Systems & Technology Summary: The
"Director - PM/PMO Business Technology" will reside within the
Business Technology organization reporting to the SVP, Business
Technology at our Corporate Headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and
will be responsible/accountable for overseeing all project delivery
for the team.Green Plains, Inc. is currently under a multi-year
business transformation from traditional ethanol into a sustainable
biorefinery platform producing high quality, value-add ingredients
for a variety of markets including high protein distillers' grains,
pet/fish food, and clean sugar while continuously reducing our
carbon footprint. This journey we are on creates this phenomenal
(and possibly once-in-a-lifetime) opportunity to join a
forward-looking and completely corporate-aligned company to deliver
a program of work that will reshape and expand our operating model
across all functions.In this role you will be a hands-on leader and
mentor with goals to develop, implement, and improve processes in
support of project and program delivery. You will apply proven
project management, PMO, communications, and leadership/influencing
skills to guide and assist a change in delivery approaches across
the technology team (apps, infra, cybersecurity) but, with an eye
towards corporate adoption in the future.You will play a crucial
role in establishing and maintaining project management standards,
methodologies, and best practices, ensuring successful project
delivery in both waterfall and agile environments. Your expertise
in project management will be essential in driving project success,
optimizing resource allocation, and maintaining effective
stakeholder engagement. You will also be expected to lead
initiatives/projects as required.In this position, you will work
closely with other departments to ensure alignment of
project/program delivery, ensure consistent reporting, and monitor
delivery to the organization and to our business transformation
- Project Management:
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and
according to quality standards.
- Provide leadership and oversight for all projects within the
Business Technology team initially, but with an eye on extending
into the full organization.
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure proper project
objectives, scope, and deliverables.
- Monitor project progress, identify risks and issues, and
implement mitigation strategies.
- PMO Capability Development:
- Establish and enhance the Project Management Office (PMO)
capabilities within the organization.
- Define and implement project management methodologies,
frameworks, and standards.
- Develop and maintain project management templates, tools, and
- Create standard reporting mechanisms to track and communicate
project status, milestones, and performance metrics.
- Provide guidance on project documentation, including charters,
plans, and risk assessments.
- Resource Management:
- Collaborate with functional managers to identify, forecast, and
acquire appropriate resources to staff projects. This will require
working with outside agencies, business, and technology
leaders/teams to properly forecast demand and develop resourcing
- Optimize resource utilization and manage resource conflicts or
- Ensure project teams have the necessary skills and support to
successfully deliver projects.
- Methodologies for Waterfall and Agile Delivery:
- Design and implement project management methodologies tailored
to both waterfall and agile delivery approaches.
- Coach project managers and teams on the effective use of these
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency
in project execution.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and learning within
the organization.Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Business
Administration, Computer Science, Engineering) or equivalent
- Proven experience as a Project Manager, preferably in a senior
or leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies (e.g.,
Agile, Waterfall) and tools.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving
- Exceptional leadership and team management abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the
ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders.
- Proficient in project management software and tools.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a
- Background and experience in the agriculture business,
products, and/or trading is a strong differentiator.Green Plains
Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including
business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life
insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k)
retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor
matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be
required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and
background check prior to employment.Equal Opportunity EmployerTo
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties may be assigned. Company Description
Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) is a leading biorefining company
focused on the development and utilization of fermentation,
agricultural and biological technologies in the processing of
annually renewable crops into sustainable value-added ingredients.
This includes the production of cleaner low carbon biofuels,
renewable feedstocks for advanced biofuels and high purity alcohols
for use in cleaners and disinfectants. Green Plains is an
innovative producer of Ultra-High Protein and novel ingredients for
animal and aquaculture diets to help satisfy a growing global
appetite for sustainable protein. The Company also owns a 48.9%
limited partner interest and a 2.0% general partner interest in
Green Plains Partners LP.
Keywords: Green Plains Inc., Omaha , Director PM/PMO Business Technology, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!