Assistant Fitness Center Director
Company: Jewish Community Center of Omaha
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Employed by: The Jewish Federation of Omaha
Agency: The Jewish Community Center
Supervisor: Fitness Center Director
Work Schedule: 40 hrs/wk
Primary Purpose of Job
The Assistant Fitness Center Director is a position responsible for
helping the supervising personal maximize efficiency of the JCC
Fitness Center through participation and staff management,
professional communication, program development and customer
service while ensuring a positive and safe environment for staff
- Bachelors Degree in Exercise Science or related field
- Minimum of 4 years in the Fitness Industry
- National Personal Training Certification (ACE, ACSM, etc.)
- CPR/AED Certification
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in Recruiting, hiring, supervising, training and
evaluating all Personal Trainers, Pilates Reformer Trainers, Mind &
Body Instructors and Group Exercise Instructors.
- All JCC Personal Trainers, Pilates Reformer Trainers, Mind &
Body Instructors and Group Exercise Instructors must be evaluated
on an annual basis through a formal review process along with
regular communication and guidance as needed.
- Personal Trainers, Pilates Reformer Trainers, Mind & Body
Instructors and Group Exercise Instructors must be evaluated on a
regular basis and the Fitness Center Director will help set and
achieve individual goals.
- All current and new JCC Personal Trainers, Pilates Reformer
Trainers, Mind & Body Instructors and Group Exercise Instructors
will be assigned to either the Fitness Center Director or Assistant
Fitness Center Director for supervision.
- Assist in supervising Fitness Staff on Duty to ensure all
responsibilities are being performed accurately and completely.
- Assist in planning and leading monthly meetings with Personal
and Pilates Reformer Trainers to ensure budget goals are met and
align with the department monthly financial needs.
- Assist Fitness Center Director in preparing and submitting
Personal Trainers, Pilates Reformer Trainers, Mind & Body
Instructors and Group Exercise Instructors payroll in a timely and
- Assist in developing and monitoring the Fitness Center budget,
working closely with the Fitness Center Director and Executive
Director. Monitor the department budget to make sure that all
programs are administered within the approved budget limits.
- Ensure all JCC Fitness facilities and equipment are well
maintained, stored, cleaned and organized. He/she should look for
missing or damaged items, and make recommendations immediately for
replacement or removal of damaged or broken items.
- The Assistant Fitness Center Director should be available to
JCC Members through a professional presence on the floor during
- The Assistant Fitness Center Director will be expected to train
clients and be compensated for doing so, but may be asked to limit
training to ensure primary duties as the Assistant Fitness Center
Director are performed.
- The Assistant Fitness Center Director to work closely with the
Fitness Center Director to keep them informed of all issues as they
relate to the Fitness Center, including, but not limited to,
staffing and personnel, maintenance, customer service, and
- The Assistant Fitness Center Director will be asked to teach
classes within the Group Exercise Schedule as well as help evaluate
classes as appropriate per education and experience.
- The Assistant Fitness Center Director will be expected to help
with the following tasks as they relate to programming:
- Identify ongoing trends in the industry nationally and in the
Omaha market on an annual basis and make recommendations to the
Fitness Center Director.
- To evaluate programming fees and training rates and make
recommendations necessary to stay competitive within region.
- Ability to develop professional relationships while working
with members, guests, professional staff, and lay leaders.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently in a fast paced
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; involves and informs direct supervisor.
- Judgment - maintains confidentiality. Displays willingness to
make timely decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment;
supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate
people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities;
uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; takes calculated
risks to accomplish goals; develops realistic action plans.
This position requires the individual to be physically capable if
leading individual and group activities while working long periods
of time in a physically active work environment.
Staff members are expected to help create and maintain a safe,
professional, clean and comfortable working environment for staff,
members and guests. This may require staff to perform duties beyond
their written or documented responsibilities as deemed necessary by
Customer Service Statement
The Assistant Fitness Center Director is responsible for providing
excellent customer service to JCC members. He/she should be
professional in all of his/her relationships with members and
guests. While taking the time to learn the names of as many
individuals as possible. He/she shall seek feedback from members
regarding services and programs provided by the JCC. This
information shall suggest necessary changes and well as report
positive experiences to promote continued growth.DISCLAIMER
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete
as possible. It in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties required or that may be assigned. It is the expectation that
all JCC employees will work to complete all tasks, whether listed
above or otherwise defined by the Director.
Keywords: Jewish Community Center of Omaha, Omaha , Assistant Fitness Center Director, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!