Company: Jewish Community Center of Omaha
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Job Title: Pennie Z. Davis Child Development Center: Kitchen
Manager Employed by: The Jewish Federation of Omaha Agency: Jewish
Community Center Supervisor: CDC Director/Assistant Director Work
Schedule: Monday-Friday: 7am to 12pm or 7am to 3pm Exemption:
Non-Exempt PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB Responsible for all food
preparation, coordination, and planning activities in support of
the Child Development Center. The cook ensures high quality dietary
needs of children by cooking, preparing, and portioning nutritious
breakfasts and snacks. Responsible for developing menus, ordering
food, and monitoring inventory for sufficient supply and minimal
- Minimum of High school Diploma/GED, or other relevant
vocational training/certifications required; culinary degree
- Previous experience in the food service industry in food
- Ability to develop nutritious menus.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team. DUTIES AND
- Provide efficient and attractive food service for
- Follow all Kosher dietary rules.
- Plan cooking schedules for optimum food flavor, texture and
temperature while served in a timely manner.
- Develop CDC rotating menus with a focus on providing healthy,
balanced options. Test cooked foods by taste and smell to determine
if properly cooked and seasoned.
- Detect and report defective equipment, substandard or spoiled
food to supervisor.
- Keep accurate inventory of food and supplies.
- Pick up food and supplies as needed using JCC van.
- Follow established safety regulations; maintain equipment and
work area in a clean, sanitized and orderly condition. CORE
- Use various culinary machines to carry out position
- Function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity,
and work effectively with children, staff, families, and
- Communicate in an appropriate, understandable, courteous, and
professional manner, while providing outstanding customer service
to all of our children, staff, families, volunteers, visitors and
- Tactfully handle situations with children, staff, families, and
- Keep all CDC information confidential at all times.
- Prioritize multiple tasks. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sit, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, perform fine and gross
movements with the hands/fingers and move about intermittently
throughout the workday.
- Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Working with chemicals, spills, slicers, knives, sharp objects
- Working in well-lit kitchen area(s), as well as throughout the
facility (i.e., classrooms, offices, Great Rooms, etc.)
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- Subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions,
etc., including exposure to blood-borne pathogens including the
AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of children. CUSTOMER
SERVICE STATEMENT All employees shares in the JCCs commitment to
provide excellent customer service to its members and behaves
professionally in all of his/her relationships with members and
guests. All employees are expected to take the time to learn the
names of as many individuals as possible and makes sure individual
members are pleased with the services and programs provided by the
Keywords: Jewish Community Center of Omaha, Omaha , Kitchen Manager, Executive , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!