Company: Children's Hospital (Omaha)
Posted on: May 24, 2020
When you work at Children's, you're part of a treasured place of
healing in the Omaha community-and beyond. Join our team of highly
engaged, caring professionals who believe deeply in the
organization's mission-to improve the life of every child. We
support equity, diversity and inclusion, and as you apply your
skills and expertise to helping children, you too will have
opportunities to grow your career. In 2021, we'll open the new
Hubbard Center for Children, tripling our capacity to serve
When children are your everything, anything can be---
Children's is searching for a Registered Nurse who will provide
direct and indirect nursing care based on established patient care
protocol and the nursing process. Coordinate with coworkers to
provide a team based approached to care.
Essential POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
% of Time ----98%
- Performs treatments, procedures, and medication / immunization
administration in a professional and compassionate manner according
to Children's Physicians policy and procedures.
- Completes an accurate assessment of physical, mental,
emotional, developmental and social conditions when interviewing
all patients and families in the office and on the
- Coordinates the scheduling of diagnostic tests and procedures
with the patient /family, other physicians/hospitals and insurance
providers as determined by the needs of the patient.
- Coordinates, provides, and appropriately documents patient and
- Demonstrates knowledge of and provides care based on
age-specific or developmental milestones for infants, toddlers,
preschool, school age, and adolescents according to Children's
- Completes all required patient care documentation in an
accurate and timely manner within the electronic medical record
according to Children's Physicians policy and procedures.
- Responds appropriately in crisis situations or life threatening
- Directs other team members in the delivery of nursing care as
determined by the needs of the office and the direction of the
office manager or physicians.
- Demonstrates proficiency and use of critical thinking skills
when performing phone triage.
- Fulfills expectation of complete and accurate phone
documentation by utilizing EMR workflows as directed. Returns phone
calls within determined response time ranges.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and compliance with laboratory
standards and guidelines as directed.
- Promotes and encourages use of Children's Connect by
communicating with parents via online portal whenever
- Takes ownership of quality metrics as a reflection of our
commitment to continuously improving the quality of care for all
patients. Works quality reports as directed, utilizing appropriate
- Maintains clean and professional appearance of exam rooms at
- Maintains supply and linen levels appropriately.
- Attends required meetings and educational sessions as
Regular attendance at work is an essential function of the job.
Perform physical requirements as described in the Physical
Requirements section SECONDARY FUNCTIONS/COMPETENCIES 2%
- Other duties as assigned by Office Manager or Lead RN.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: (Must meet minimal requirements; if stated
as required, must meet that expectation.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent skills in communication, listening, customer service,
- Excellent clinical skills providing direct and indirect nursing
care in an office setting.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Ability to type, navigate an electronic system, and adapt to
changes in workflows as they occur.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
- Previous pediatric nursing experience preferred
- Previous experience with EPIC preferred.
- Current and valid Nebraska RN license/RN Compact license
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American
Heart Association is required.
- If the incumbent is a preceptor or part of the Emergency
Council a current and valid Pediatric Emergency Assessment,
Recognition & Stabilization (PEARS) required within 6-months of
hire, unless another position held by the incumbent requires PALS.
Employees hired prior to July 24, 2019 are required to obtain PEARS
by July 24, 2020.
- Certification in a nursing specialty is preferred.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) may be preferred based on clinic
Keywords: Children's Hospital (Omaha), Omaha , RN, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!