Director Nursing - Critical Care
Company: Lakeside Hospital
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Overview: CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of
Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more
than 700 care sites across the U. S. & from clinics and hospitals
to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U. S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
Responsibilities CHI Health Lakeside, West Omaha's only
full-service hospital. We believe that patient-focused care heals
the body, mind and spirit of every person. Our campus, designed for
patients, sets the tone for a comfortable, less stressful hospital
stay. As one of the most technologically advanced hospitals in the
world, we provide a full range of services including: maternity,
cancer and surgery care as well as diagnostics and emergency
Job Summary / PurposeContributes to the fulfillment of the CHI
Health Mission and Vision by planning, designing, implementing and
maintaining programs, policies, and management systems in all
facets of patient care administration in assigned departments.
Leads the integration of services between departments to assure
patient-centered care needs are met and quality, cost-effective
care improvements are achieved. Serves as a behavior role model and
promotes an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and
moral principles. Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Has the authority to interview, hire, orient, terminate,
promote, train and conduct performance evaluations.
- Assigns day-to-day work activities; directs the functional and
technical job performance of team members.
- Allocate and direct staffing needs to meet patient, unit, and
department needs, and collaborate with others to ensure overall
staffing needs are met.
- Manage performance including: Setting goals, clarifying job
expectations, monitoring performance progress, providing feedback
and recognition, developing skills and addressing performance
issues related to work and our Commitments using corrective
- Demonstrates accountability for achieving operational,
financial, and strategic measures.
- Promotes a culture of customer service focused on patients,
families, visitors, physicians, other departments and the
community. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a
diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative and collaborative
relationships with the CHI Health, academic partners, vendors and
Independent Medical Staff.
- Develops and implements programs and processes to support
patient, employee and physician engagement.
- Maintains a collegial and cooperative relationship with the
other ancillary, support, and service line leaders, working as a
team to implement efficiencies, economies and best practices.
- Demonstrates responsibility for maintaining and updating
knowledge/skills in the fields of nursing, health care management
and areas of responsibility. Participates in appropriate
professional organizations and develops a professional
- Assures appropriate level of understanding, awareness and
compliance with all applicable regulatory, federal, state and
agency laws, guidelines and professional standards.
- Participates in all safety, security and infection control
- Demonstrates work practices consistent with CHI Health and
department-specific safety, security and infection control
- Other duties as assigned by leader and organization.#icu
#director #criticalcare #nursingleadership #rn #nurse
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
- Master's degree must be obtained within 2 years of start
- Mininum 3 years of recent experience in ICU required
- Three years of supervisory experience
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Keywords: Lakeside Hospital, Omaha , Director Nursing - Critical Care, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!