Correctional Medicine Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Nee
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!" Our Mental Health ARNP works under
supervision of the Staff Psychiatrist or Director of Psychiatric
Services and in accordance with established The Company policy and
procedure as well as within the State guidelines. Maintains any
documentation required by state or facility guidelines to
demonstrate compliance with supervision requirements. Provides
psychiatric consultation, diagnostic and treatment services to the
identified patient population, including medication management and
crisis intervention services.Education:
- Degree in Advanced Practice Nursing in a course of study from
an accredited college or university that allows for prescriptive
privileges upon obtaining appropriate licensure.Experience:
- Clinical experience preferred
- Psychiatric experience preferredLicenses/Certifications:
- Must be currently licensed by the appropriate state licensing
board to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse.
- Certification as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in the state
of practice desired.
- Must maintain CPR certification, and any other certifications
(such as First Aid) required by contract.
- Provides required documentation of services to the Staff
Psychiatrist or Health Services Administrator in order to monitor
compliance with facility contract.
- Notifies Mental Health Coordinator, Mental Health Director, or
Health Services Administrator of requested schedule changes in
- Assists in arrangement for coverage of psychiatric services if
unavailable for extended period of time.
- Maintains and shows proof of current State licensure and
provides duplicate for personnel file.
- Maintains continuing education requirements for continued
medical practice in the State.
- Responds to a code or health emergency within standard
- Participates in psychiatric on-call schedule if on-call
services are required in The Company contract with facility.
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine
- Conducts on-site psychiatric medication review clinics and
referral clinics as established by Staff Psychiatrist and Mental
Health Coordinator or Mental Health Director, and completes
documentation on a daily basis.
- Provides psychiatric coverage for Mental Health Crisis
Admissions/Suicide Watches on a daily basis and records encounters
in the patient's progress notes.
- Ensures progress note and treatment plan documentation is in
specified format, problem oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic
order and is legible.
- Ensures all documentation is dated, timed, legible, problem
oriented and signed.
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens
before using non-formulary procedure.
- Makes pertinent observations and draws logical conclusions,
which validate need for non-formulary drug, which is recorded on
non-formulary form and submitted to the Corporate Medical Director
or Director of Psychiatric Services for approval.
- Utilize available in-house resource personnel for treatment of
resolution of identified problems before using off-site referral,
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately
in urgent or emergency situations.
- Maintains current certification of cardiopulmonary
resuscitation on file.
- Supports standards of psychiatric care through adherence to
existing policies and procedures for: admission to the infirmary
transfer to emergency room utilization review process for specialty
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her
individual judgments and actions.
- Reports any doubts or questions regarding the lack of
appropriate referrals, nursing or medical intervention necessary
for the realization of established patient goals to the Director of
Psychiatric Services for disposition.
- Uses Standard Precautions when providing and invasive
procedures for diagnostic or routine studies.
- Prescribes a planned regimen of total patient care, which is
adequate, problem-oriented and appropriate to the needs of the
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects patient's
rights to privacy, in accordance with accepted confidentiality
practices for incarcerated individuals.
- Provides input into facility mandatory committees such as
Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Quality Improvement, Patient Care
Management, Medical Audit Committee, State Psychiatric
Meetings/Conference calls, Mental Health Treatment Team, as
requested by Staff Psychiatrist, Mental Health Coordinator, Mental
Health Director, Health Services Administrator or designee.
- Abides by the security regulations of the institution.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Keyphrases:
psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs, psychiatric
nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: WellPath, Omaha , Correctional Medicine Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Nee, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!