Coordinator of Intestinal Rehabilitation
Company: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Business: Boys Town National Research HospitalJob Summary:In a
career as a Coordinator of Intestinal Rehabilitation , you join us
in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region.
In this role, you will coordinates the comprehensive care of
intestinal rehabilitation patients in both the inpatient and
outpatient settings. Uses clinical coordination skills and
expertise to develop a comprehensive intestinal care program for
children at Boys Town National Research Hospital.Schedule:
Full-Time, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Monday-Friday Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the scheduling of clinic appointments.
- Coordinates ancillary support as needed (Ostomy care,
Psychology, Social Work, Pharmacy).
- Orders and monitors parenteral and enteral nutrition for both
Inpatients and Outpatients.
- Recommends laboratory monitoring needed.
- Provides nutrition management support for intestinal
rehabilitation and concurrently running colorectal program.
- Establishes a tracking program with Information Technology (IT)
to utilize within the Electronic Medical Record (EHR).
- Collaborates with Materials Management to ensure necessary
clinical supplies are available.
- Works collaboratively with staff, to improve the quality of
patient care and patient outcomes.
- Provides scheduling assistance and instructions for patients
regarding hospital admission, diagnostic testing, therapies and
- Screens and prioritizes patient phone calls, providing
information/recommendations or referring call to MD as
- A Bachelor's of Science in Nursing, Masters degree in
nutrition/dietetics, or a registered pharmacist who is a graduate
of an accredited school with a current state license, required
- Minimum of three years of experience in an ambulatory health
care facility or a hospital, required
- Experience with ordering and managing parenteral and enteral
- Experience in the care of patients with complex medical
- Prior working knowledge of using a personal computer and
electronic medical records.About Boys Town:Boys Town has been
changing the way America cares for children and families since
1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us
grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into
one of the largest national child and family care organizations in
the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research
Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care
and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to
those looking to make a real difference.Our employees are our #1
supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is
why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better
place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique
perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits
to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town
Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our
experts and professional development opportunities within the
organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than
just a job, it is a way of life.Date Posted: April 14th, 2021 Boys
Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This
advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed
and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or
abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity
employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a
disability-related accommodation in the application process,
contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha , Coordinator of Intestinal Rehabilitation, Healthcare , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!